Jerry Falwell dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerEd

Full time employment: Posting here.
Who did Jerrl Falwell blame for 9/11?

I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.

good riddance...

May he go to the place in the after-life he deserves.

tink.gif

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"The whole global warming thing is created to destroy America's free enterprise system and our economic stability. "

"I believe that global warming is a myth. And so, therefore, I have no conscience problems at all and I'm going to buy a Suburban next time. "

"I am such a strong admirer and supporter of George W. Bush that if he suggested eliminating the income tax or doubling it, I would vote yes on first blush. "

Brat said:
May he go to the place in the after-life he deserves.
Hey, now he can really straighten out those harp-strumming slackers.

Or wherever he goes...

I must admit that Im rather perplexed at the comments here. I presumed that if you were so outraged by the level of disrespect this man gave to some people you would be outraged by disrespect to any human being.

Being happy someone has died and calling it good news seems extrememly disrespectful.

While I admit that he was outrageous and probably wrong on many things he said I do not think some of the attitudes displayed helps your arguments/this discussion at all.

I am mixed on the emotions....

I do not wish death on anybody... but we all will die someday....

But, I did hate his hateful words and how he would smile like he was a saint even when he was directing hate at others... and he had a flock of sheep who have the same thoughts....

Sorry to say that I will not miss him a bit...

Deetso said:
Being happy someone has died and calling it good news seems extrememly disrespectful.

i agree. i wouldn't wish this guy even on the dead. what did the dead ever do to me?

Deetso said:
I must admit that Im rather perplexed at the comments here. I presumed that if you were so outraged by the level of disrespect this man gave to some people you would be outraged by disrespect to any human being.

While I admit that he was outrageous and probably wrong on many things he said I do not think some of the attitudes displayed helps your arguments/this discussion at all.
Same here. I didn't agree with much the man stood for but he doesn't deserve those remarks. Remarks like those, in fact, remind me of just how intolerant some people can be while claiming the same for those with whom they disagree. Sad, that.

and just when he had the chance to do some serious bible thumping in greensburg, kansas. what gay percentage of those 1300 residents do you suppose summoned such a tornado that would destroy 90% of their town? bad practicing homosexuals, that'll learn ya.

He deserved no respect.

I think after the sun goes down, I shall piss on the garden and pretend it's his grave.

Deetso said:

I wish that there were some way to express greater disrespect.

Well, I think most of the remarks here have been pretty tame compared to what he said in his lifetime. Saying good riddance to a person who spreads a message of hate is hardly Imus material. Good riddance to him, Klan Members, Slobidan Milosivech (sp?) Idi Amin, Hitler....

I hope that he passed over safely and can deal with being reincarnated as a gay Haitian liberal.

There is a difference between *wishing* someone dead, and not being sad they are gone. I didn't wish him dead...he died, I am not sad about it. The world is a better place because of it.

Deetso said:

There are some really dark hearted folks here, it's pretty upsetting to see people's reaction to an event which certainly is causing his family great pain.

saluki9 said:
There are some really dark hearted folks here, it's pretty upsetting to see people's reaction to an event which certainly is causing his family great pain.

They'll still have all the money.

saluki9 said:
I agree. It's both sad and funny to listen to folks act out in the same manner that they accuse Falwell of acting. But then again, hypocrites seldom recognize themselves in the mirror. That's just a fact of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom