A Good Retired Morning

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Slept in this morning, nothing important to do. It is cloudy so the early light didn't wake me. A couple of cups of good coffee, Green Day on the stereo, some bacon, fried eggs and a nice salmon filet garnished with parsely and now I feel good!!!

Ha

:rant:

Oh-h-h, how I wanted to sleep in this morning, then get up for a relaxed breakfast & coffee.

But no! It was up by 4:40, make coffee to wake up, grab a bowl of Cheerios, and fight it out with the other commuters before the roads get overloaded.

This has GOT to change. And soon. (This Forum is a [-][-]bad[/-][/-] good influence on me.)

thanks for the [-]torture [/-]encouragement.

:rant:
But no! It was up by 4:40, make coffee to wake up, grab a bowl of Cheerios, and fight it out with the other commuters before the roads get overloaded.

4:40?! Wow, it must be awfully dark and lonely at that time of [-]night[/-] morning! At least you can be thankful that you have all of those fellow commuters to keep you company on your journey! :2funny:

Slept in this morning, nothing important to do. It is cloudy so the early light didn't wake me. A couple of cups of good coffee, Green Day on the stereo, some bacon, fried eggs and a nice salmon filet garnished with parsely and now I feel good!!!

Ha
Fried Eggs? Bacon? Salmon? Of course, you took your Lipitor. Well, that makes it all right. :) :D

Life is good, and ER Life is better.

Ha

"I hope you had the time of your life..."

Today was the latest I slept in.. I don't get up for work until 6:40. I had to get up at 6:30 on Saturday to get over with the other volunteers to paint someone's house and garage.

Nothing like painting for 7 hours in a drizzle!

Ahh well, only 10 years to go!

When I was working I used to get up at 5:15 to be there for 6:30 .Now I laze in bed until 8:30 or 9 then a good cup of coffee and the crossword to get my mind going .Retirement is great !

When I was working I used to get up at 5:15 to be there for 6:30 .Now I laze in bed until 8:30 or 9 then a good cup of coffee and the crossword to get my mind going .Retirement is great !

Same here with the 5:15 & 6:30 routine......I sure do miss that! NOT!!!

Now I wake up whenever, listen to the radio or flip on the TV to check for good old westerns, and then I normally crawl outta bed about 8am, get cleaned up and dressed, have a light breakfast, check email, and then head out to meet the gang for coffee about 9:30. After that.......even more of whatever I feel like!

Once in a great while, I'll get up around 5:00, head out for an early breakfast, and watch all of those [-]doomed souls heading for the rock pile[/-] folks who are not yet retired going off for another joy filled day at w*rk. :D

Hey! What's the deal? You guys want to make us poor working stiffs (ER Wannabes) jealous?

I guess living in the cornfields has one benefit...I get up at 7 am to be at work at 8 am...okay, maybe 8:05 am.

I guess living in the cornfields has one benefit...I get up at 7 am to be at work at 8 am...okay, maybe 8:05 am.

I sure don't miss my loooong commute everyday! I had to drive 2 whole miles....for 30+ years!!! There was even one traffic light to deal with for the last 20 years! Sometimes traffic would be so bad in the morning, that it would take me more than 5 minutes to get to my parking space! I'll tell you what.....having to commute back and forth everyday sure was tedious!

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

I too had the 0515 alarm to get to work at 0630; sometimes I hear the neighbor leaving for work at 0530, but I go back to sleep.

Threads like this should have a "Code Green" warning.

"Warning! This thread is likely to make the non-ER'd among you green with envy."

It was a 100 on the beach yesterday down here in north carolina and the dewpoint was 79. It was sooooo nasty we left!! That was at 11am!!

I sure don't miss my loooong commute everyday! I had to drive 2 whole miles....for 30+ years!!! There was even one traffic light to deal with for the last 20 years! Sometimes traffic would be so bad in the morning, that it would take me more than 5 minutes to get to my parking space! I'll tell you what.....having to commute back and forth everyday sure was tedious!

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

LOL!! Me, too. I live a mile and a half from work, and although there are five lights, I can usually make it in 6 minutes. Once I hit all the lights and made it in 5 minutes (ONCE in all these years).

My alarm is set for 5:30 and I can shower, dress, brush my hair, make coffee, grab my gym bag, and get to work by 6:00. But the worst thing is that on the weekends, when I am off, I often awaken at 5:30 anyway. :p

Worked at the office from 9-4 yesterday. Went home and worked my side job from 9-1. Woke up at 5:30 (alarm doesn't go off until 6:30, guess I just didn't need to sleep any more). wife woke up before the alarm too, 6:00. Turned out to be a good thing, but I'd much rather not have the job.

Funny thing though...

Many of us are scanning this site, some of us are posting... So everybody here is pretty much doing the same thing.

Yet some of us are getting paid and some are not. :)

For the most part of 43 years I got up at 5:30 each morning and went to work. Three years into retirement, I'm managing to stay in bed until 6:30. I remember as a kid waking up at 5 a.m., so I suppose I will never be able to sleep late. Now I just get up, drink coffee, read the paper, check the email and best of all, do NOT go to work. Oh, sometimes I nap after lunch, because I can. ER is good.

Glad you had a great morning, but I was waiting to here you say that you woke up, turned over to see the women in your avatar looking at you with a huge smile.

Ha Ha..

I wake up easier, but at the same time on weekends. DH doesn't get it ("Why are you up so early? It's only 6 am?!). But it is apparent to me that I am more eager to wake up to do fun stuff than for w*rk. Duh...

Glad you had a great morning, but I was waiting to here you say that you woke up, turned over to see the women in your avatar looking at you with a huge smile.
Ha Ha..

Isn't she Da Bomb? She was my teenage son's wallpaper; I took over on her upkeep when he left.

Ha

Up at 7 am with the dog, short walk down the block in the lovely early morning light. Breathe in the fresh air, notice the hot air balloons hanging in the eastern sky. 'Tis a priviledge to live in Colorado. Especially in semi-ER!

Back
Top Bottom