thread deletion

Abreutime

Recycles dryer sheets
Hey, I was wondering why "Funny Looking person on facebook" was deleted. I created it in Young Dreamers as a type of joke. Thanks.

Edit: I could explain the joke if necessary.

I'm interested to find out, too. I freaked out when I first clicked on it, then quickly realized how it worked. I appreciate the humor.

Alright, thanks to Want2Retire, we dinosaur mods finally figured out your joke, Abreu!
Pretty funny, I guess!
So what it seems (since I don't have facebook) is that if you click on the link, it shows you your OWN facebook page!
Thanks for giving the mods some extra work there, Abreu!
For anyone else, it just shows blank jibberish. Rest assured, facebook fans, Abreu has not found you on Facebook!
Kids these days! :)

Alright, thanks to Want2Retire, we dinosaur mods finally figured out your joke, Abreu!
Pretty funny, I guess!
So what it seems (since I don't have facebook) is that if you click on the link, it shows you your OWN facebook page!
Thanks for giving the mods some extra work there, Abreu!
For anyone else, it just shows blank jibberish. Rest assured, facebook fans, Abreu has not found you on Facebook!
Kids these days! :)

Sooo, where's the thread? Can it go back up? I wanted to show the thread to a couple people and have them momentarily flip out. In good fun. :)

Sooo, where's the thread? Can it go back up? I wanted to show the thread to a couple people and have them momentarily flip out. In good fun. :)

Afraid you'll have to take your fun elsewhere. This board has thousands of members, many of whom were or will be confused or concerned by your prank. We had complaints.

Thanks for understanding

Funny you should mention a thread got deleted.

Earlier today I was looking for a thread I started two or three months ago titled "Carbon Fiber" and I don't see it anymore, so I'm assuming someone deleted it. Not sure why.

Yes, that one.

When I do a search for carbon fiber, I only get 14 hits and that thread is not one of them.

And when I go to "find all threads started by [me]" I don't see it there either.

Edit: I put the stockpicking forum on ignore sometime after that post. So I take it a current search ignores any hit in my ignored forums, including my own posts!!! Wow, I never thought that one day I would be able to ignore myself, but that day has come.

Last edited:
Wow, I never thought that one day I would be able to ignore myself, but that day has come.

Don't feel bad, I've been ignoring myself for years, and finally the rest of the world has woken up and not taken notice!

Search isn't great, I use google as well.

Yes, that one.
When I do a search for carbon fiber, I only get 14 hits and that thread is not one of them.
And when I go to "find all threads started by [me]" I don't see it there either.
Edit: I put the stockpicking forum on ignore sometime after that post. So I take it a current search ignores any hit in my ignored forums, including my own posts!!! Wow, I never thought that one day I would be able to ignore myself, but that day has come.
Another possibility, and a much simpler one, would be that the search feature isn't working correctly...

Google has been indexing these pages within 24 hours. They're treating the website almost as though it's a blog.

Afraid you'll have to take your fun elsewhere. This board has thousands of members, many of whom were or will be confused or concerned by your prank. We had complaints.

Thanks for understanding

I think some folks need to dial back the sensitivity knob a bit...

Google has been indexing these pages within 24 hours.

I think that maybe because of the 'adsense' thing, this site gets indexed in real time. I'm guessing that, a s long as google had to look at the site to determine what ads go there, they update their index with it?

A couple times, I've posted something, then went to further research something that was said, and the thread comes up in my search - seconds later.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom