ER Forum member meet-up in NJ?

walkinwood

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It would be great to meet some of the members on this board in person. How about organizing a meet-up in NJ.

We could reserve a room at a local library for an introduction & discussion and then head out for drinks or dinner.

Please reply if interested, and we can then decide on a date and location.

What say you?

What, no responses? Methinks the frugal folks are calculating those NJ and DE turnpike tolls and going :nonono:

Where in Jersey? I can get to Cape May and areas close to that (maybe through Atlantic City). Anything further would be too far for me.

This will probably work for members in NJ, the Philadelphia / Allentown area and the greater NYC area. Or those who roam the roads in their own home.

harley, Let's see where others are coming from and then decide.

I'm in NYC - I'd seriously consider it if it were accessible by public transportation - NJ Transit, etc... ,

ta,
mew

I would be interested, although Cape May vicinty would be too far. I am in Monmouth County and could do NYC vicinity, Newark, most of the middle third of the state (out to the Delaware River) and a ways south.

Count me in after December 3.
Central/North Jersey works for me.

A library? Thought we were supposed to be quiet there?? :whistle:

Oh come one.....let's compromise. How about east central Mississippi? Fried catfish and Mississippi Mud pie on me. ;)

What, no responses? Methinks the frugal folks are calculating those NJ and DE turnpike tolls and going :nonono:
I think I may be excused for not attending:) But some of the attendees could post photos of the rally;)

I just reserved my plane tickets for FL in January so my travel budget is spent for the next 6 months. :D

For future reference...and don't use my vote as criteria for location selection...If it were to be set up in the general NYC area, I could take the Amtrak down or drive. My 1 day driving range is about 5 hours due to tendinitis hand problems.
For overall cost purposes, just outside NYC in one of the suburbs or smaller towns with B&Bs with public transit access to NYC would be helpful.

I like Dawg's offer too. :LOL:

North/central NJ, close to NYC is the consensus location.

I'd like to suggest two locations -
- New Brunswick since it is central in NJ, and easily accessible by train
- Summit. A little further north, but also accessible by train from NYC

Given the above location, the following expressed interest in attending.
cantlogin
fireup2025
Maurice
brewer12345
mews
walkinwoods

The location would be too far for Harley. Target12019, I don't know if this would be convenient for you or not. Please let us know if you can make it.

For the list above, we need to decide where and when?
WHERE: New Brunswick or Summit
WHEN: I'm assuming a weekend day. How about 12/12 afternoon to avoid the crowds?

It may be easier to schedule this if we use email. If you agree, please PM me with your email address. PMs are limited to 5 addresses, so I can't use it to communicate with all of you in a single message.

I have 3 votes (mine included) for the Harvest Moon Brewery Cafe on 12/12. One suggested lunch there which sounds good to me.

Lunch is always cheaper anyway - and IIRC, the food there does not suck at all!

When are you guys getting together? It's a bit of a drive, but if I'm in the area, I can definitely go.

Reviewing my schedule, it looks like this Sat is supposed to be our date. Are we still on for Harvest Moon Brewery (see earlier posts) this Sat, 12/12 abt 11:30 for lunch?

Unfortunately for me, it's a 3 hour round trip drive.

If it ever gets to western NJ, I certainly would like to particapate....

Fireup2025 - I have it in my calendar and plan to be there. 11:30a sounds good. If anything changes, I'll let you and brewer12345 know.

brewer12345 was going to join too.

Anyone else joining us? See the location above.

Hoist one for me! I'll be doing a drive by on my way from NC to NY for Christmas. Unfortunately I'll be a day or two late:(

Back
Top Bottom