pain after laparotomy

ripper1

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
:confused: Anybody ever have a laparotomy. I had one in January of 2010. I had a congenital cyst removed that was growing on my stomach. I saw my internist recently for dull flank pain. Blood work and urine checked out and a ultrasound to check kidney showed nothing. Recently the pain feels like it is in my stomach area. Maybe where the cyst was removed. Other than the dull to moderate pain I am able to do everything including working out. My DW thinks it might be scare tissue or some psychosomatic pain.

It could be any number of things but do ask your surgeon if he/she counted all the sponges. Stranger things have happened!

DW had lung surgery 14 yr. ago. She still has occasional near debilitating bouts of pain which can not be explained, but are almost certainly associated with the surgery. The doctor(s) believe it is some sort of scar tissue/nerve damage issue but show little interest in figuring out if it can be "fixed". There is no treatment other than pain killers after an "attack".

I'm certainly no Doc, but I would pursue this vigorously and not allow the Doc(s) to ignore it. It's your body and your life. You only get one of each.

:confused: Anybody ever have a laparotomy. I had one in January of 2010. I had a congenital cyst removed that was growing on my stomach. I saw my internist recently for dull flank pain. Blood work and urine checked out and a ultrasound to check kidney showed nothing. Recently the pain feels like it is in my stomach area. Maybe where the cyst was removed. Other than the dull to moderate pain I am able to do everything including working out. My DW thinks it might be scare tissue or some psychosomatic pain.
I would say to never assume something is psychosomatic, as for most people it usually is not. I had pain in my gut for years, and after the usual things being stuck into me with no results I assumed that it was Psycho, although I had no prior history of anything like this.

It is turned out, they had stuck a bunch of things into me, but not into the right places. When I finally got an accurate diagnosis I was on my way to a healthy pain free life again.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom