Lakewood Ranch anyone?

inkitnow

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone here live at Lakewood Ranch outside Sarasota? This is one of the few planned communities near Sarasota. It seems to be very family oriented. Is it good for retirees? Are there planned activities or do you have to find them on your own outside the community?
Would appreciate anyone's comments who is "in the know"

Very well thought of, lots of midwestern transplants (founded by the Wisconsin Ueihlein family (sp?)). They have a wide variety of housing options, quite a few younger families, nice location.

I'd suggest a good look at it. Totally different from the Villages, by the way.

I am familiar with Lakewood Ranch . Very nice community . It has something for everyone and pretty much in every price point . As Rich pointed out it is not like The Villages with non stop activities . They do have a lot of social clubs and most developments have pools and clubhouses . They attract a lot of retirees but also a lot of families . It has kind of a yuppie vibe . Lots of nearby restaurants and shopping . A good 30 minutes ride to the beach but you are close to the interstate so it's easy to get around .
http://www.lwrcac.com/clubs

Very well thought of, lots of midwestern transplants (founded by the Wisconsin Ueihlein family (sp?)). They have a wide variety of housing options, quite a few younger families, nice location.

I'd suggest a good look at it. Totally different from the Villages, by the way.

When I was in HS, I briefly dated one of the Uihlein's nieces. I had to buy a suit jacket to go to the fancy party they had once. Their "runabout" was a 42 foot cruiser. Of course, that ferried us out to the 100 foot yacht where the party was held...........:D

Back
Top Bottom