Three Years ER Today!

scrabbler1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Halloween may "Trick or Treat" but for me it is all treats because it was 3 years ago today that I left the working world and ERed. It has been a great 3 years not living by an alarm clock and train schedule even only 2 days a week, as I was working part-time for several years before giving that and the awful commute up.

Halloween may "Trick or Treat" but for me it is all treats because it was 3 years ago today that I left the working world and ERed. It has been a great 3 years not living by an alarm clock and train schedule even only 2 days a week, as I was working part-time for several years before giving that and the awful commute up.
congradulations!

Congratulations!

How has ER worked out for you from a social, health & financial aspect?

Congrats....60 days and I join you (though it ha taken me 10 years too long:)

Congratulations!

How has ER worked out for you from a social, health & financial aspect?

I have been able to expand upon my hobbies and volunteer work. I had been working part-time for the previous 7 years so I had built up a good personal life. Being able to help my ladyfriend with things she can't do during the day (i.e. accepting deliveries, receiving some new furniture) when she is working makes her life better, too.

Losing the long and awful commute from my life has greatly reduced stress to just about zero. I was often tired and nauseous when I got to my office, so by simply eliminating bad stuff my life improved. Being able to do my routine errands during the day on weekdays instead of the busier evenings and weekends is very helpful.

I have had to tweak my ER budget a bit in the last few years, but I am still turning a operating surplus (i.e. monthly dividends over expenses) and have my "reinforcements" waiting for me when I hit 60 in just over 11 years. I have always been a LBYM person so I can still do what I want and when I want to.

Life is good..... :)

Back
Top Bottom