Book Recommendations for one new to ER

ICNTR

Recycles dryer sheets
June 15 was my last day at w*ork so I've been out for only a couple of months. Loving it so far! However, I am starting to wonder if there are any books out there that may help me to enjoy it even more, avoid any common mistakes, or simply help me to be better educated about this new lifestyle.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Got to run for an 8am tee time. I predict a nap after that. Man, I love this ER thing! All the best to each of you.

:dance:

Thanks!

ICNTR said:
June 15 was my last day at w*ork so I've been out for only a couple of months. Loving it so far! However, I am starting to wonder if there are any books out there that may help me to enjoy it even more, avoid any common mistakes, or simply help me to be better educated about this new lifestyle.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Got to run for an 8am tee time. I predict a nap after that. Man, I love this ER thing! All the best to each of you.

:dance:

Thanks!

Glad the ER is going great! Maybe you shouldnt read a book as it might ruin a good thing going by putting dumb things in your mind. I have read a few but no lasting impressions and certainly wont waste my time on someone elses idea of how to spend my time. My perfect day is a routine. Read my paper, go walk and workout, golf, internet surfing between all of those, and prep work the evening sports bet. OOpps better mention spending time with my GF, too. Make sure your finances and budgeting is in order, but do not use your free time to excessively obsess about every possible financial storm that could hit you. I fell into that trap a few months ago and accepted a parttime job that will take more time than I want to give and will have to deal with the consequences for a whole year now! Will still be under 50 when its over, so best to learn from my retirement mistakes at an early age.

Congrats!

I'd suggest How to Retire Happy, Wild & Free by Ernie Zelinkski and/or Work Less, Live More by Bob Clyatt. Unlike most retirement books that revolve around $, both these books focus on the (equally important IMO) non-financial aspects of retirement, and I found both helpful. Best of luck...

Back
Top Bottom