You Know You're an Introvert When ...

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Got invited to watch the Super Bowl with my brother who has says, he just got a brand new 70 inch HDTV and will make a nice fancy dinner before the game.

I said, " OK, I'll watch the game with him", but deep down I'd rather watch the game alone on my tiny 24 inch TV. :)

Got invited to watch the Super Bowl with my brother who has says, he just got a brand new 70 inch HDTV and will make a nice fancy dinner before the game.

I said, " OK, I'll watch the game with him", but deep down I'd rather watch the game alone on my tiny 24 inch TV. :)

When you ask what is this super bowl thing:confused:?

Bada bing!

It is a thing created by the entertainment industry to serve the purposes of the entertainment media.

+1.

Except for the fans of two teams. For them the game is life an death :)

Last edited:
I'm the same as easysurfer. Have tried going to people's houses for big games like the Superbowl, but everything turns into a conversation of: "How's the grand-kids, politics, etc.", and then I turn around and it's the 3rd quarter and I haven't seen anything. I want to watch the whole game unfold, not just watch a couple of plays.

You know you're an introvert when: You're in a Rob Lowe commercial for Direct TV!

I'm the same as easysurfer. Have tried going to people's houses for big games like the Superbowl, but everything turns into a conversation of: "How's the grand-kids, politics, etc.", and then I turn around and it's the 3rd quarter and I haven't seen anything. I want to watch the whole game unfold, not just watch a couple of plays.

You know you're an introvert when: You're in a Rob Lowe commercial for Direct TV!

At least this year, it should just be my brother and I. But my prediction is during the game, he'll go on social media and text and maybe talk on the phone several times :facepalm:

We went to a Super Bowl game last year. We had a nice time, but I am so glad that we did not get invited again.

Don't think so. We have not seen them since that party. I was planning on having them over for a summer bar-b-que, but work on our house had not finished. We just paid our last check to our contractor yesterday! I guess I will need to do that this summer.

Aah yes, the perennial struggle of the introvert - the endless quest to find a polite way of saying, "I'd love to hang out with you but I can't, as I have a previous commitment - I'm going to be spending time on my own, doing nothing in particular but having a thoroughly enjoyable time" :LOL:

You Know You're an Introvert When ... you join ER.org

Aah yes, the perennial struggle of the introvert - the endless quest to find a polite way of saying, "I'd love to hang out with you but I can't, as I have a previous commitment - I'm going to be spending time on my own, doing nothing in particular but having a thoroughly enjoyable time" :LOL:

That's exactly right. I hate when I get a call with someone saying "What are you doing?" and if I say, "Nothing. Just happily doing my own stuff" they don't understand as that can't be better than being busy :LOL:

When you are more excited that there is a new Downton Abbey episode tonight versus the Superbowl is on this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

When you are more excited that there is a new Downton Abbey episode tonight versus the Superbowl is on this afternoon.

+10

You're making posts here instead of watching the Super Bowl.
LOL!

We're busy watching (streaming) Grantchester instead.

I actually didn't know the Super Bowl was today. I thought the discussions on menus was happening at least a week in advance!

I guess I forgot it was already a Sunday in February today.

I actually didn't know the Super Bowl was today. I thought the discussions on menus was happening at least a week in advance!

I didn't know it was today either. I vaguely remember seeing an article/thread or two about Superbowl food, so figured it was probably coming up, but that's about it. That is how out of touch I am. If something doesn't interest me, it might as well not exist - the switch in my head turns almost completely off.

Oh, what a relief. I'm not the only one.:LOL:

DW and I played golf at the start of Super Bowl (deflated ball?). We and another twosome behind us had the entire course to ourselves. Not even a marshal was making a round. Playing golf in a nice course with practically nobody around is an introvert's definition of being in heaven. Finished the round in 3 hours which was gravy.

DW and I played golf at the start of Super Bowl (deflated ball?). We and another twosome behind us had the entire course to ourselves. Not even a marshal was making a round. Playing golf in a nice course with practically nobody around is an introvert's definition of being in heaven. Finished the round in 3 hours which was gravy.

+1 When I lived in a college town in the fall I would tee off at or around kickoff time and have the course to myself.

Back
Top Bottom