Christmas Present Idea--Caricatures

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got this idea at a street fair in Portland.

I'm emailing photos of people in my family to a Fiverr caricature artist. I'll then print and frame the results and give them as presents.

Here's the first caricature that "cartoonkatie" did--my sister:

DG82AJX.jpg

Just be careful about the cost.
I ordered a caricature of DW from an extremely well regarded artist who specializes in these. Unfortunately, DW hated it.

I really wouldn't want a picture of myself. I don't know anyone that wants a caricature of themselves. YMMV.

I really wouldn't want a picture of myself. I don't know anyone that wants a caricature of themselves. YMMV.

Well, how about a picture of YOURSELF to your loved ones?

Wait, maybe that would be weird.

Well, how about a picture of YOURSELF to your loved ones?

Wait, maybe that would be weird.

No, not weird. A gift of caricatures of mom and dad in the same pic/piece given to me would be more welcome than one of myself. Or an old family picture (when we were all younger) turned into a group caricature would be fun to receive.

Very cute caricature. She will no doubt enjoy receiving it, especially if the T-Al humor gene is dominant in the family.

Reduce the size of "all" the caricatures and put them on one sheet and reproduce - so that everyone gets the whole clan.

Once at work we had a little fair, and they did free drawings.
In the excitement of the fair and the other fun stuff, I really liked the drawings.
But without the excitement of the event and crowd, and getting it done while you sit there, I imagine its a lot more dull...
I hope that is not too harsh.
A saving idea someone above suggested is a family drawing vs individuals.

Reduce the size of "all" the caricatures and put them on one sheet and reproduce - so that everyone gets the whole clan.

Yes, that's a great idea. I think I'll give each person a framed solo version and also a printout of the group version. I might also have a four-siblings version and a all-the cousins version.

Back
Top Bottom