Limit posting frequency?

I have reduced the frequency of my posting on this forum, but people should be free to post as often as they want.

Last edited:
Perhaps it would work to just ration vowels, so say, 1000 per month.

I do my best to self-limit so that there is enough time in between for you all to forget what a @#$^%#& I can be. :rolleyes:

With 60 posts per year on your part, the responses to your question seem to contradict your theory.

As someone else who has been here a long time with a low post count, I would caution and remind that quantity does not necessarily equate with quality.

That said, no, don't limit posting. Just implement a user fee above a certain limit... ha

As someone else who has been here a long time with a low post count, I would caution and remind that quantity does not necessarily equate with quality.

My point was the inverse! Limited quantity does not equate with quality either. :cool:

Oh man, funny you mentioned that.

It is so hard to remember Hawaiian words as they have so many vowels, and repetitive ones too.

For example, the State Fish of Hawaii is "humuhumunukunukuapuaa"

Last edited:
No, I would not like to see such a limit. It would actually be detrimental to the forum in my opinion. Forums live or die or member engagement and this forum has great member engagement. And, as someone who has been a moderator on a number of forums, I can say that this forum is extremely well moderated and is by far the best I've seen. That adds to the overall pleasant environment of this forum and means that the vast majority of posts are within the rules.

I agree with the pleasant environment. I like to stop by every day or two and I would not want to count my posts!

That said, no, don't limit posting. Just implement a user fee above a certain limit... ha
If anyone exceeds their daily limit, impose a copulsory one month as a moderator!

I vote no. I would like to see more use of the multi- quote feature, especially for newyorkers.

Why would anyone want to limit the posts on a great forum like this? I vote NO!

Would ER.org be a more pleasant place to visit if non-moderator accounts were limited to (for example) three posts per 24-hour period?

Limited resources tend to be more highly valued. Would the quality of posts go up as the quantity goes down?

I'm not going to state an opinion on this topic. I'm just floating the idea.

For those who are not happy with the OP I get what they're trying to say. I've just filtered the topics I read and know of several posters that seem to like to get their post count up for some reason so for the most part ignore them also. I don't spend enough time in this forum to impart all of my vast wisdom for all. I do enjoy the ERF and there are issues with any online discussion forum.

Just to muck around. Some people feel that everything needs to be modified.

Ha
+1. No dog approves of the way a fire hydrant smells when they first approach it..

Back
Top Bottom