Archiving old posts/ threads?

imnontrad

Full time employment: Posting here.
When I looked at one thread recently, I noticed that the replies were dated in 2006. I think that any information that old, on any subject, may have changed since that time. Is there a way to archive threads/posts after a period of time - say 5 years max?

And there's a good amount of information that still apply. Things like "living beneath your means" lessons, "what will I do with my time" suggestions, and so on. I think it's also good not to lose what people did during the last recession.

I think one should check all information here, whether it's 10 days old or 10 years. Not all info given here is factually correct. When I search for info here I check the date of threads as part of my appraisal of information. And occasionally someone will revive an old thread, but they do get a warning when that happens (and hopefully don't ignore the warning without good reason). Otherwise it seems very easy to avoid old threads and possibly outdated info by not going beyond the first few pages of a forum.

Oh please don't try to implement content management here. Please don't.....

Yes that old content has value. Want to see how people acted in the run up to the great recession? During it?

Last edited:
And there's a good amount of information that still apply. Things like "living beneath your means" lessons, "what will I do with my time" suggestions, and so on. I think it's also good not to lose what people did during the last recession.

I think one should check all information here, whether it's 10 days old or 10 years. Not all info given here is factually correct. When I search for info here I check the date of threads as part of my appraisal of information. And occasionally someone will revive an old thread, but they do get a warning when that happens (and hopefully don't ignore the warning without good reason). Otherwise it seems very easy to avoid old threads and possibly outdated info by not going beyond the first few pages of a forum.

+1

Besides, geezers love to live in the past anyway.

if they can FIRE comfortably since 2006 ( and before )

i want to learn from them as well

When I looked at one thread recently, I noticed that the replies were dated in 2006. I think that any information that old, on any subject, may have changed since that time. Is there a way to archive threads/posts after a period of time - say 5 years max?

You can configure your account settings (user cp) to hide old content, display newest content at the top of the page, etc.

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

old content.jpg

be sure to click save at the bottom of the page after changing your options.

You can also use the sorting tools found in every forum just a the top of the list of threads to change display order, sort by various criteria, etc.

forum tools.jpg

:flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom