10 Years Retired

Congrats Gravity!

I passed ten a few months back. NO REGRETS! Pissed off at the politicians changing the rules, and otherwise robbing us, but no regrets about retiring at the earliest I could.

Time sure moves along once retired -- March 28 will be 15 years for me.

Congrats, GS. Yes, time sure flies bay when retired. I hit 14 years four months ago.

Congratulations!
Time goes by fast when you are having fun. Just about 7 for me and can't believe it's been that long. Seems just like yesterday I was working.

[FONT=&quot]13 YEARS RETIRED[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is my 13th anniversary of being retired, and a whole lot has changed. Our traveling has been cut way back, as we can no longer tolerate those 10 hour transatlantic flights, even in Business Class. Our travel has been limited to a Hawaiian cruise and an Alaskan cruise, both round trip from LA-no airports[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Based on what has been going on now at airports, I knew we made the right decision.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since my copilot has been grounded because of his Parkinson’s, I am no longer flying, as I do not feel comfortable flying alone at my age. Remember-there are old pilots, and bold pilots, but NO old bold pilots.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These past years have been very stressful for us, as for everyone because of the Covid virus. My wife developed Atrial Fibrillation, and had a pacemaker inserted. Fortunately this was done the March prior to the lockdown.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am still volunteering at the local hospice repairing their wheelchairs, walkers, and other medical equipment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Because of the changes in the tax laws, many fewer seniors and low income people need help, and I have stopped volunteering to do tax preparation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am still trying to get the 1941 switch engine running, and will need some help from others in our RR society.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the advent of the vaccine, I hope this year will move to some semblance of normality.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, last year I fell and sustained a compression fracture of a vertebra, It is now a year later and I am not completely healed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One bright note, however, on my 84th birthday recently, I celebrated 50 years since I soloed by flying up to Santa Barbara and back. I did it with an instructor sitting in the right seat however. He told me to just fly the plane as if he was not there, which I did.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have to thank my parents, who lived to be 93 and 102 for giving me the genes that keep me going. I am blessed with good health other than the back problem, and hope to celebrate many more anniversaries with my wife.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Life is good![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Congrats.
Close to 6 years for me.

Congratulations. I just passed 18years. Time does fly.

My 10 year is next month, but my original retirement misfire happened almost 20 years ago, but unfortunately I got bored after a few months and went back to work:facepalm:

June it would be 8 years and my health is a lot better than before.

Some jobs can actually kill you slowly.

Happy 10th retirement anniversary!
I am a mere 6.5 years out, but still marvel at how quickly time is going.
Love having the ability to plan my day on my own terms.

Hey class of 2013! I will hit my ten year anniversary in mid-May. I worked for 20 years at my last job, no way did any 10 year period of my work life go this fast.

Here is to the next 10 years. Cheers.

Coming up on 11 yrs for me since the nightmare ended... Gosh, where has the time gone.

Congratulations on the 10 year anniversary. Time does go by fast, but at least retired it is doing what you want to and spent working!

Congrats- Still shivering in anticipation here, ~ 5 more years, less if i can swing it!

Congratulations! This year, I hit 18. It all goes too fast, so Enjoy Every Sandwich.

Congratulations! Time flies when you’re having fun!

Ten years for me too - retired at 57. Still spending winters in the Philippines and traveling but it gets harder every year now. Really glad I did it when I did - the physical changes between 57 and 67 are significant. I still spend 6-8 hours per week in the gym and on the road bike but it's a lot harder and yes those long flights to Asia are getting tough. I stop in Honolulu for two days each way.

My suggestion - Do not put it off one day past the time you feel you have enough if you are planning to be active and have adventures in retirement.

Congrats on the 10 years!

I retired in 2009 at the great age of 51...then for some strange reason started working again part time in Sept. 2010 which evolved into full time starting in 2014. :eek:

I just recently told my teaching job "no mas" so this is my last term and I will be retired again come end of May.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom