11 days in...

Cap_Scarlet

Recycles dryer sheets
...to early retirement and loving every minute. Loving the lack of pressure.

So far very very busy! but of course early days.

Have set up a website to track our journey with random posts about travel, early retirement and well....whatever pops into my head.

The site is nowhere near perfect (and I'm open to constructive criticism) but considering I am a technophobe and built the site with a few youtube videos I am pretty pleased with it so far.

Early days for content but hey....all the great sites started somewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you, C-S! Welcome to the club

Congratulations! I took a look at your website, which is beautiful. I also looked at your blog and read the section on your cruise to Norway in 2016. I had been considering such a cruise, and your experience suggests it will have a lower priority for me. I have spent a lot of time in Newfoundland, which shares many climactic and geographical features with Norway and is equally interesting. I note your dissatisfaction with MSC Cruises. I would certainly want better service than that. As you said, a smaller ship might have been preferable, with better access to narrower waterways. Your blog is very helpful and the website will be great!

Congrats. My BIL is also 11 days in and he has already decided to go back to work. He's 56, wife is still working and he quickly realized that boredom and days of doing things he'd rather not be doing was going to become his life. He enjoyed what he did for a living and is in high demand in his field of expertise so he decided to go back knowing that he can just take it one year at a time.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I took a look at your website, which is beautiful. I also looked at your blog and read the section on your cruise to Norway in 2016. I had been considering such a cruise, and your experience suggests it will have a lower priority for me. I have spent a lot of time in Newfoundland, which shares many climactic and geographical features with Norway and is equally interesting. I note your dissatisfaction with MSC Cruises. I would certainly want better service than that. As you said, a smaller ship might have been preferable, with better access to narrower waterways. Your blog is very helpful and the website will be great!

I highly recommend Copenhagen and Stockholm if you ever get the chance. I've been fortunate to travel quite a bit (much of it for work) and Copenhagen has lots to offer. When I went to Stockholm, sun up was at 5 am and the sun did not set until midnight - took some getting used to.

So lets be clear - with MSC you get what you pay for - it was cheap...but never again. Norway is fabulous but it feels a little environmentally insensitive to visit in an effing great cruise ship. Better to tread as lightly as possible.

...to early retirement and loving every minute. Loving the lack of pressure.

So far very very busy! but of course early days.

Have set up a website to track our journey with random posts about travel, early retirement and well....whatever pops into my head.

The site is nowhere near perfect (and I'm open to constructive criticism) but considering I am a technophobe and built the site with a few youtube videos I am pretty pleased with it so far.

Early days for content but hey....all the great sites started somewhere!

Congrats! Enjoyed reading your blog. I am planning a trip to AUS/NZ March/April for 6 weeks and your blogs would help me tremendously!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. My BIL is also 11 days in and he has already decided to go back to work. He's 56, wife is still working and he quickly realized that boredom and days of doing things he'd rather not be doing was going to become his life. He enjoyed what he did for a living and is in high demand in his field of expertise so he decided to go back knowing that he can just take it one year at a time.
Your post is not often posted here. But if one enjoys his/her job, don't quit too prematurely.

OP, I like the blog so far. I will check out your blog more often. Honest opinions about your traveling is the main attraction.

We love to cruise but when we go to Europe we prefer not to since we want to spend all our time exploring, etc. I will look at your blog since I love to travel too.

Back
Top Bottom