2021 RAV4 plug in prime

Another con is gasoline getting stale after extended EV mode use. We hardly drive more than 39 miles per day.

Not a problem. These cars monitor your use, and will request (eventually force) an engine start and run cycle to keep things lubricated and keep the gas fresh. Though I think with today's sealed gas systems, stale gas isn't much of a problem.

-ERD50

Not a problem. These cars monitor your use, and will request (eventually force) an engine start and run cycle to keep things lubricated and keep the gas fresh. Though I think with today's sealed gas systems, stale gas isn't much of a problem.

-ERD50
or you can always add the appropriate amount of Stabil or similar stabilizer to the tank.

Experience has taught me to never buy the first year of anything.
There is actually a Prius plug in prime that's close enough. Besides, it's a Toyota. But I hear you.

-ERD50

I just acquired a 2005 Mustang out of a friend's estate this week. It's been sitting for 4 years with 3/4 a tank of gasoline. I can document the storage time. All tires were flat and the battery dead. We replaced the battery, filled the tires, and it started right up. No Stabil was ever added to the gasoline while in storage. We drove the car to the tire shop and bought 4 new tires yesterday. The car is now in my garage for a look over. :cool:

BTW, it was in a garage the whole storage time.

I'd strongly consider it as it checks a lot of boxes for us. SUV, space, EV, range for our driving needs, style (so-so but acceptable), reliability (hopefully), and likely price too.

I kinda like the idea of plug in, but when added to a hybrid, it seems sort of an added feature with limited net benefit, as it does require additional systems to function.

Hybrid has always been elegant in that it answers most of the mail ...

Back
Top Bottom