2021 Year-End Distributions

Poked around but couldn't find Vanguard's estimates. I think it's probably too early. That or they put it in an unfindable spot, which wouldn't surprise me either.

Poked around but couldn't find Vanguard's estimates. I think it's probably too early. That or they put it in an unfindable spot, which wouldn't surprise me either.
Last year they posted cap gain estimated distributions on 11/16, and dividends on 12/9.

I just saw Fidelity posting its 2021 year-end distribution estimates, at least its first shot at them.

https://www.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/information/distributions#/?table=estimated

No year-end dividends, just cap gains, unfortunately.

As in prior years, others have posted links to their investment company's year-end estimates. Please post them here.

Yeah it’s so frustrating that Fidelity stopped giving year end dividend estimates. I have to guess based on the prior year dividend dist.

Yeah it’s so frustrating that Fidelity stopped giving year end dividend estimates. I have to guess based on the prior year dividend dist.
I found that Vanguard's estimates weren't close enough to take action on when trying to get close but not over the ACA cliff. I could ballpark it but always waited for the actual distributions to do my final Roth conversion.

I have usually been able to get a pretty fair estimate of the capital gain distribution for a Vanguard fund by looking up the fund on Vanguard's website. Then go to the distributions tab and scroll down. You should find the "realized capital gain/loss" amount for that fund along with the date. I know for VEIPX, they are showing, $2.27 through 9/30 which I believe is the fiscal year end for that fund. It is the realized capital gains that must be distributed by a mutual fund.

Wow. I don’t recall seeing this large an estimated year-end LTCG distributions among my mutual fund holdings in a very long time. And that’s not even including Vanguard, which hasn’t announced it yet.

Schwab provides an estimate of the Dividend distribution for each of your funds online with your account information and updates it throughout the year, no calculations needed.

T. Rowe Price's came out a few days ago here: https://www.troweprice.com/personal...ividend-distributions/mutual-funds/index.html

As we live solely on dividends, MF cap gains (and SS) I'm quite pleased with the CGs although the dividends are the worst in 16 years. Still, with the CGs added in it's our best year ever.

I guess it's good that someone is happy about the year-end distributions from TRP.

I own some actively managed TRP funds in my brokerage account. Earlier this year I estimated that those funds would have slightly above average distributions and made my Roth conversion based on those estimates. The year end distributions on those funds are not just above average. They are about twice what I expected and about 2.5 times higher than last year. That means I should have made a smaller Roth conversion, but it's too late to fix that now.

It looks like a lot of funds are going to be posting high year-end distributions. See https://www.capgainsvalet.com/2021-predictions/

I don't want any CG or dividends. Looks like none of my Fidelity index funds have any CG this year. Hopefully the dividends will not be outrageous.

I guess it's good that someone is happy about the year-end distributions from TRP.

I own some actively managed TRP funds in my brokerage account. Earlier this year I estimated that those funds would have slightly above average distributions and made my Roth conversion based on those estimates. The year end distributions on those funds are not just above average. They are about twice what I expected and about 2.5 times higher than last year. That means I should have made a smaller Roth conversion, but it's too late to fix that now.

It looks like a lot of funds are going to be posting high year-end distributions. See https://www.capgainsvalet.com/2021-predictions/

Live and learn I guess, you win some you lose some... a lesson for next time.

Not to hijack this at all, just a related question: Am I correct that distributions within IRA/SEP accounts do not count as "income" for ACA purposes (meaning I only have to worry about the taxable account distributions)? Same for Roth accounts? Thanks.

Not to hijack this at all, just a related question: Am I correct that distributions within IRA/SEP accounts do not count as "income" for ACA purposes (meaning I only have to worry about the taxable account distributions)? Same for Roth accounts? Thanks.

Correct. Unless you have them distributed out of the IRA.

Back
Top Bottom