2022 Investment Performance Thread

[/B]

Can you define "SAVE" in your view from above opinion?

Thanks
"Save value of your portfolio" or even gain on your investments.We are in Stagflation and to save value of your portfolio we all think differently. There is no way we could predict what class of assets will gain and what will lose. However, many economists predict that stocks and RE will tank much more vs 2022, while land, PMs, energy and mining will go up with inflation and recession etc.

"Save value of your portfolio" or even gain on your investments.We are in Stagflation and to save value of your portfolio we all think differently. There is no way we could predict what class of assets will gain and what will lose. However, many economists predict that stocks and RE will tank much more vs 2022, while land, PMs, energy and mining will go up with inflation and recession etc.

Thanks for your clarification. Saved could have meant lost forever or lost temporarily till markets turn around. Yes, with your views of stocks and recession on the horizon, portfolio will de-value for some time but still could be saved. I believe that is what you are saying.

Thanks

Well KG I'm at about 18% for the year 100% stocks so I know your pain as I'm not retired yet so now probably putting me back to work for 2 more years to put the max away in my work Roth 401K plan, so I have some non-taxed dollars to make it to the 59 1/2 stage

Recovered and then some... I had to go back and look at my notes, hadn't realized I only ended down 28% last year, and with the gains from 2023 and my almost 2% gain this month... I am well above where I was before...well... what I will call the "big, big wheee!"

Recovered and then some... I had to go back and look at my notes, hadn't realized I only ended down 28% last year, and with the gains from 2023 and my almost 2% gain this month... I am well above where I was before...well... what I will call the "big, big wheee!"
Careful, even mentioning that word in an historical context is dangerous. I looked at my wheee.gif and got dizzy.

Thanks much for clarifying! You are one of the few who know their return in advance!

Yes, closer to 4% in 2024. 2025 will be about the same. 5 yr ladder with the
IRA, Other 1/2 is in 2 Roth's I got last year. (7 yr at 4.25%.)
Have about 50/50 now. Trad IRA & Roth.
Sleep like a rock.

Back
Top Bottom