2022 tax brackets

ripper1

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I see because of inflation the tax brackets are extending a little higher than usual. 10%.....0-20550. 12%....20550-83550. Standard deduction to 25900. What I can't find is whether there will still be a 0% rate for folks in the 10 to 12% brackets for long term capitol gains and at what income threshold. :confused:

Where have you seen the IRS announce the tax brackets? I see projections, but I haven't seen anything official. In other words, what's your source?

Yes, as far as I know there will still be 0% on qualified dividends and LTCG, but the thresholds are slightly lower than the top of the 12% tax bracket... about $250 or so as I recall.... but I can't find anything specific on those limits for 2022.

One source would be Bloomberg Tax and Accounting on 9/14 as a projection and there is a couple others with the same numbers. So I do stand corrected but usually these numbers are pretty close if not accurate.

I see because of inflation the tax brackets are extending a little higher than usual. 10%.....0-20550. 12%....20550-83550. Standard deduction to 25900. What I can't find is whether there will still be a 0% rate for folks in the 10 to 12% brackets for long term capitol gains and at what income threshold. :confused:
Yup, these are most likely estimates at this point. However, if you anxious to know about the answer to your 0% LTCG questions, I believe the answer is "YES" as that wasn't suppose to change back to 5% until 2026.

Yup, these are most likely estimates at this point. However, if you anxious to know about the answer to your 0% LTCG questions, I believe the answer is "YES" as that wasn't suppose to change back to 5% until 2026.
When were they 5%?

Yeah, I don't get that either. Even if Mark1 had a typo and meant 15% when rates revert I think there will still be 0% and 15% rates.

OK, I see that but I still don't know how to interpret the comment "However, if you anxious to know about the answer to your 0% LTCG questions, I believe the answer is "YES" as that wasn't suppose to change back to 5% until 2026." because it isn't supposed to change back to 5% in 2026 to my knowledge.

What I can't find is whether there will still be a 0% rate for folks in the 10 to 12% brackets for long term capitol gains and at what income threshold. :confused:
$83,350 for married filing jointly by my calculation.

Back
Top Bottom