2023 Investment Performance Thread

10.7% for 2023 with 2/3 equities target.

Under performed the S&P 500 because I "donate" to the rest of the world in my equities positions :D

My calculation is total liquid assets on the two December 31st dates with an adjustment for spending. That's an easy calculation and approximates IRR pretty well.

2023 rate of return = +22.8%. Asset allocation was generally in my target range of 75% equity / 25% fixed assets. My general philosophy in retirement now is to invest in a minimum number of broad based, low cost index funds...invest and forget it. However, got itchy at low prices for AMZN and Meta in 2022/2023. Generated good returns when I sold them this year which boosted our overall return about 8? %.

2023 rate of return = +22.8%. Asset allocation was generally in my target range of 75% equity / 25% fixed assets. My general philosophy in retirement now is to invest in a minimum number of broad based, low cost index funds...invest and forget it. However, got itchy at low prices for AMZN and Meta in 2022/2023. Generated good returns when I sold them this year which boosted our overall return about 8? %.

Very good performance. Congratulation!:)

I just wouldn't count on being successful with picking individual stocks in the future. Some times they come up red. Sometimes they come up black. Then again, sometimes they come up green. Enron comes to mind.:(

Here is wishing all of us great returns in 2024!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom