3 Years Into Retirement

My last comment on this topic: I think you're missing the point of what COcheesehead was saying... it's not about maximizing the portfolio it's maximizing the SUCCESS of the portfolio.

And the % of "success" on Firecalc is basically the same for all three portfolios---70/30, 30/70 and 100/0
but the avg ending balance is significantly higher the more equity % you have.

Im talking about the bond tent graph, which was how Kitces first got introduced in this thread
the graph you posted isnt it

Sir... this IS the bond tent graph. and this is definitely my final post on this topic... just do you.

Sir... this IS the bond tent graph. and this is definitely my final post on this topic... just do you.

You are correct, but the other graph in that article is the one that also indicates % in bonds which is 40% 10 years prior and 70% at retirement

and if people want to have a discussion can you stop with the "this is my last post" and putting on "ignore" . It's pretty juvenile.

You are correct, but the other graph in that article is the one that also indicates % in bonds which is 40% 10 years prior and 70% at retirement

and if people want to have a discussion can you stop with the "this is my last post" and putting on "ignore" . It's pretty juvenile.

okay so not my final post... :) it's not about being juvenile, it's about realizing that you aren't going to change the other person's point of view and there are only so many hours/days/weeks/months/years left in life. We've already hijacked this thread and it's doing a disservice to the OP and the original topic.

I don't care if I persuade you at this point and thus... (done). No hard feelings but I'm just not interested in trying to convince you any longer of my PoV.

okay so not my final post... :) it's not about being juvenile, it's about realizing that you aren't going to change the other person's point of view and there are only so many hours/days/weeks/months/years left in life. We've already hijacked this thread and it's doing a disservice to the OP and the original topic.

I don't care if I persuade you at this point and thus... (done). No hard feelings but I'm just not interested in trying to convince you any longer of my PoV.

I don't feel you're trying to change my POV and I'm certainly not trying to change yours. I think it's an interesting discussion. Threads often branch into other sub topics.

You were looking at it from "lowest value" I came back with "avg ending balance". Its simply two different ways to analyze..why is that so bad?

Back
Top Bottom