401K Monthly disbursement

Kendoo

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi,
Megacorp is offering me an early retirement package. I just turned 56 this week, so will be utilizing the "rule of 55" to gain access to some 401K funds penalty free. The question I have (I do have a case opened with my 401K plan administrator, but they said it will take 4 days to get the answer) is can I choose where the funds come from? No so much which investment fund, but can I choose to pull from only pre-tax 401K and not roth? I don't believe I can access the roth portion without paying significant taxes or penalty prior to 59.5.
TIA

Hi,

Megacorp is offering me an early retirement package. I just turned 56 this week, so will be utilizing the "rule of 55" to gain access to some 401K funds penalty free. The question I have (I do have a case opened with my 401K plan administrator, but they said it will take 4 days to get the answer) is can I choose where the funds come from? No so much which investment fund, but can I choose to pull from only pre-tax 401K and not roth? I don't believe I can access the roth portion without paying significant taxes or penalty prior to 59.5.

TIA

To me that sounds like it’s plan specific. I doubt anyone here can answer that.

Suppose you are right. I’ll see what they say next week.

Back
Top Bottom