45th High School Reunion or No?

I posted earlier that I have never been to my HS reunion because I disappeared for the last 50 years and never got any invitations. Quite frankly, I don't even know if my class ever held a reunion.

How does one find out if your class had or is planning a reunion?

I posted earlier that I have never been to my HS reunion because I disappeared for the last 50 years and never got any invitations. Quite frankly, I don't even know if my class ever held a reunion.

Some HSs have alumni associations, especially if you went to a private HS, they always hit you up for $$$. My HS does and gives all kinds of info. Some of the events are pretty fun. DW and I took my sister and blind dated co worker of DW. It worked out good for them, they've been married 20+ years with 2 kids.

I've only been to one 'reunion' and that was actually the school's Centenary rather than a class reunion. I would have gone previously but was always working or out of country or both. It was enjoyable and good to see many classmates. I was glad to have gone as got a chance to see one classmate who I hadn't seen for years and who passed away not long afterwards. I wouldn't change travel plans for a reunion.

Never went to a high school reunion, and never regretted not going. I'd rather remember everyone exactly as they were, frozen in time so to speak, back in high school.

Never went to a high school reunion, and never regretted not going. I'd rather remember everyone exactly as they were, frozen in time so to speak, back in high school.

One year, our committee copied pictures from our graduation-year yearbook. They cut the pictures out and laminated them on our name tags. It was a big hit with everyone and helped us sort out all those "old people." It also gave everyone "permission" to specifically look at name tags which I'm always a bit reluctant to do (as if I didn't actually know who everyone is - after all these years.:facepalm:)

Reactions: W2R
Does anyone remember this episode of "All in the Family?"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0509843/?ref_=ttep_ep18

It was about Edith attending her high school's 30th reunion. All the women were waiting for Buck Evans, their favorite, handsome male classmate, to arrive. Archie at the last minute decided to join Edith because of that, and happened to see Buck arrive before the women did. Buck was a fat, balding man in his late 40s. Archie and Buck had this funny exchange:

Buck: I married a gourmet cook. [then pats his large belly]
Archie: [looking at Buck's large belly] Looks like she's in there with you!

Edith recognizes Buck anyway because of his eyes.

My parents lived in the same home my graduating class had on record as my last known address. So my mother kept forwarding me the reunion invitations every 10 years, until I finally attended the 40th. Since my mother passed 3 years ago, I probably won’t know about the 50 year reunion.

My parents lived in the same home my graduating class had on record as my last known address. So my mother kept forwarding me the reunion invitations every 10 years, until I finally attended the 40th. Since my mother passed 3 years ago, I probably won’t know about the 50 year reunion.

Heh, heh, surely you can get on "the list." Bonus: I get every obit of our classmates from all over the country. :facepalm:

Would any of you have gone to their HS reunions had they been held in less formal venues, such as a picnic instead of a more expensive restaurant or club?....

It wouldn't have made any difference for me, I still wouldn't have attended. The graduating class after mine, has a regular reunion every five years, but in the years in between them, they have an annual picnic at a local county park. The picnic is for the classmates and their families, and they can also bring other guests if they'd like. It is a potluck picnic, and they have activities and games for the kids in attendance, which now are the grandkids and even great-grandkids.

They usually have a very good attendance for the picnics, and everyone seems to enjoy it and have fun.

I missed the first reunion (10 year) and missed seeing my HS girlfriend. I went to the next 4 but she never attended again. Maybe that is a good thing because by then I was married so she will always be the cute 17 year old blonde that I dated a long time ago.

Cheers!

I missed the first reunion (10 year) and missed seeing my HS girlfriend. I went to the next 4 but she never attended again. Maybe that is a good thing because by then I was married so she will always be the cute 17 year old blonde that I dated a long time ago.

Cheers!

Heh, heh, I took my HS sweetheart to all the reunions I attended. DW didn't seem to mind at all.:cool:

This year will be 45 years. I don't know if they are having a reunion or not. There's only one person I still have any contact with from high school. I've not gone to any reunions and I have no plan to go. Plus it is 2,000 miles away.

Look up your high school on classmates.com.

I’m considering going to my 45 year HS reunion in October. I went to the 10-year and had a blast. I was living in Houston then and the reunion was a short flight/doable drive away. Ever since then, I’ve lived at least 1,200 miles away and currently almost 2K miles away. I’m considering going this year.

I see several former classmates on Facebook but only keep in closer touch with a couple of people. Part of me thinks it would be fun, but I’m also afraid it might be depressing. Haven’t decided.

...How does one find out if your class had or is planning a reunion? ...

My high school's website has a link to the alumni association's website, which contains information about reunions.

I only went to my 10 year reunion. It was a non-event in my eyes. We had 900 classmates. I think the same 30 or 40 go to every 5 year reunion. Mainly the popular kids with a few "hoods" added in. I remember that I pretty much got along with all of the different "clicks", but didn't belong to any.

The only thing I remember about my 10th reunion was one guy (I couldn't even remember) calling me a bully in high school. The only thing I can figure is he got me mixed up with someone else.

The only person I keep up with from my class is my wife of 42 years.

My late wife went to school in Pittsburgh.We got an invitation to the 50th, and realized thet 90% of the people still lived in Pittsburgh, while we were on the West Coast.
We ended up purchasing a photo of the reunion class and that was it.

Pittsburgh for me too, a lot of my high school classmates are still in Pittsburgh, and I'm happy out here in the bay area. Though for retirement Pittsburgh seems like an affordable choice with a fair bit of culture. :p I do keep continuing to consider going back for a reunion, though most of the mail from my high school is fundraising, which is a bit of a turn off. :p

My high school's website has a link to the alumni association's website, which contains information about reunions.

I looked at my school's website and there is an alumni link. On that link, all it asks is to fill out a form which is to provide your historical highlights after you graduated. I did that and never heard from anyone. There is no information available about any class reunions. Dead end.

I also emailed the school directly asking for information about class reunions and never heard back.

I also searched Facebook best I could and never came up with anything related to a class reunion for my old school.

Dead end.

I had the benefit of my 25th being the 50th for the school so there was a large crowd. Most classmates I recognized. The quiet ones were still quiet etc.

The banquet was at a large hotel and the seating was by every 5 years. So we could see the youngsters at one end and the oldsters at the other. It was fun but I have never been back. Seeing the classmates was a pleasure and talking to some of the older grads was fun.

But we don't live in the past...

(A few years ago, someone contacted me because Neil Young had attended both my Public School and High School. It brought back memories and I helped the author contact other grads. Got a free book out of it: The Sugar Mountain Years.)

Last edited:
I remember receiving a notice for my ten year reunion three days before it was to take place, but I was living in England at the time while in the Air Force. Funny thing is the invite included a list of classmates that had passed away, and I was on it! 🤣
Besides wondering why they thought I was dead, I was wondering why would they send an invite to a dead person:confused:[emoji23]

Never been to one and never will.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I looked at my school's website and there is an alumni link. On that link, all it asks is to fill out a form which is to provide your historical highlights after you graduated. I did that and never heard from anyone. There is no information available about any class reunions. Dead end.

I also emailed the school directly asking for information about class reunions and never heard back.

I also searched Facebook best I could and never came up with anything related to a class reunion for my old school.

Dead end.

Classmates.com would probably have information about any reunions.

Back
Top Bottom