do you weigh your high school weight?

Probably within 5-10 lbs. I have been steady for decades, and only a year or two ago had the pants from a suit I had in HS let out a little.

I am exactly the same weight that was shown on my drivers license which I got when I turned 16. (weight used to be shown on your drivers license, not anymore)

Really? It is on mine but licenses last years here.

My height and weight were on my first DL (Florida), but only my height was on my MD DL. And now that I'm back in FL, only my height appears.

Height and weight were always self-reported - I'll bet most of them were/are wrong.

Really? It is on mine but licenses last years here.

When i graduated in '76 I was 6'5" and 180#, and looked like an Auschwitz survivor. I have been 230-235# since 1985.

Funny thing to me was last summer I was wearing one of my hundreds of tee shirts from over the years to a specialty retailer. The guy behind the counter stopped me mid sentence and asked about my tee. I explained it that was given to me by my son's Boy Scout troop in August 1996, when I filled in as an emergency leader for summer camp and it still fits as it did back then. He said he couldn't fit in any of his clothes a year prior and was amazed that I had a hardly ever worn tee from 27 years ago that still fit!

When I left HS for the Service, I was 175 Lbs with a 30 inch waist. Gained 10 lbs of muscle mass and stayed around 185 until I quit smoking and jumped to 200 about overnight. I have ranged 200-220 since. Last Dr visit was 213. The thing is I hide my weight well... most dont believe I weight that much, waist is at 32IN.

Most of my family has always been pretty lean and I was pretty skinny as a child growing up in rural West Virginia. To be fair, we never did snack between meals and soft drinks were a very rare treat. My brother and I were always out running (not in an athletic sense) if we weren't working. I'm not really sure what my weight was in high school but the last year of my 9 years in the Air Force, at 27, I made weight at 155 lbs still wearing my combat boots and fatigues with my canteen belt on. I did the weigh in with my First Sgt and my Supervisor who both got put on remedial training for failing weight even after they stripped down to their underwear. They cursed me. I loved Little John and Sully.

When I was 60 I was running 5 days a week between 3 to 7 miles depending on the schedule for the day. I got down to 157 lbs and discovered that 157 looks a whole lot better on a 25 year old than it does on a 60 year old.

Had to stop running a few years ago due to various aches and pains (freakin' knee) but started up again three months ago limiting myself to 3 miles per day. I am currently 5' 11" and weigh 185 and would like to see a drop to 175 but no more. At 70 years old I should probably keep a little extra weight on me. The running helps a lot with my breathing while diving so it's a win for me.

User name is 5miler which is what my average run used to be.

Last edited:
I was 5'7", 140 pounds in high school. Today 175 pounds but about 20 - 25 of the extra 35 pounds is added muscle.

To answer the op's question. Nope.

Put on weight with both pregnancies...
Since retiring I exercise and eat healthy choices, but the weight stays in. Although I have more tone under the fat. Lol. I'm ok with it.

I'm a good 50lbs heavier than my high school weight. As others have said, it's all muscle.

155 when I graduated from high school. About 140 now. Spring of my freshman year of college, I had a wakeup call. I stopped my daily diet of a two-liter bottle of Coke and bag of Doritos, and started running. I haven't stopped running, and I haven't started drinking Coke again. Thank goodness.

In high school I had reached my same max height, but was still filling out. So no not the same weight. College weight would be a better comparison, but that is still lot less than current. Funny thing, used to buy 32x36 jeans, now it's 36x32, and I may have lost 1/2 inch in height over the years.

I got you beat in one aspect. I wrote earlier in this thread that I'm lighter than my HS [over]weight. But I've gone from 5'10 to 5'8 :(.

I was 145lbs when got out of HS. I have been as high as 170lbs briefly, many years around 160 to 165lbs. I'm now at a more comfortable 150lbs after cutting out a lot of carbs, a solid carnivore for about a year, but have fell off the wagon.

Am I supposed to? I saw this being discussed elsewhere by someone who said their doctor had said it. It was possibly/probably nonsense but made me wonder how common it was.

This isn't some sophisticated medical analysis it is old folk wisdom from the 1960s or before.

I have had some unfavorable weight redistribution over the decades but the same weight

Sadly yes, I lost a ton right out of high school and went into the normal range.. from 20-mid 30s, then got one back injury after another and been slowly inching back up to yeh my high school weight. Not good, not good at all. I had managed to lose some, then had knee issues so right now just hovering at a weight I don't want to be, but its better than gaining any more is what my doc says...so I just set a goal to try to lose 5 a year as I was told lots of people gain 5 a year at my age.

Nope. From my sr year of high school(1972) through college I weighed 170-180. Today I weigh 192. During the holidays my sweets consumption tends to increase. I'm working on it and trying to get to 185. If I accomplish that maybe I will shoot for 180. ;)

I am back down to my high school weight, but not by choice. Had a quadruple bypass last June and gallbladder was removed last August. Lost 20 lbs and am still skin and bones. The low sodium diet isn't helping to gain back any weight. During physical therapy, other guys were complaining about the same - that they couldn't gain any weight.

Ha Ha! I was tiny in high school. Grew some and gained a lot of weight. I am not huge though.

I was 6’3” and 185 when I graduated, now I’m 6’5” and 220 at 70 yo. Could lose 10 or so to lose the love handles. ��

About 145 now, and I think that same ballpark then.
But some of it seems it have migrated to my beer gut. :angel:

First drivers license on my 16th birthday said 5’6” 115 pounds. I lied about both. Was shorter and skinnier. I ate more than anyone I knew and couldn’t gain weight. Grew some my last two years and was 5’9” when I graduated but probably weighed 135 or so. Grew 3” in the next year and weighed 175 after working construction. 183 this morning.

Am I supposed to?

What a weird idea that doesn't really make any sense. What if your HS weight was too high or too low?

I'm 40 lb heavier than I was in HS. But I was an extreme beanpole and I'm healthier now after decades of working out.

Just taking about this!

Graduation 1983 6'4" 190
58 years old 2024 6'4" 190

I exercise an hour a day, have put 3" back on my chest with weight training over past 3-4 years. I'm feeling that race against time...trying to gain muscle every year now as long as i can. (4-5 pounds since 2021 but Im a slow gainer. I can get fat overnight, but have to work like a draft horse at a county fair to Gain a pound of muscle)

PS how the heck do I remember my weight from 1983? I was in the wrestling team...a star athlete had the 185 class, so i had to take the heavyweight. I was just over. The lightest heavyweight in RI. Got my *ss handed to me everything's by 300 pound bearded "men" as far as i could tell!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom