8 troops killed in Iraq in the past 24 hours.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Still worth it:confused:

Obama makes more sense every day time to leave.

Are you filled with grief and compassion for the deceased and their families, or is this just another excuse for a [-]run-on sentence[/-] rant?

Jeez...

Sounds like no one talks about this topic,Is that because its been discussed a lot in the past or is it a Dem/ Rep thing.:confused:

Sounds like no one talks about this topic,Is that because its been discussed a lot in the past or is it a Dem/ Rep thing.:confused:

Soldiers dying in a battlefield is tragic. No parent should have to bury their kid, especially if it's preventable.

On the same token, how many mother's sons were killed in car crashes, work accidents, etc yesterday?

What's left to say? The war was wrong or not, staying there is a mistake or not, the next president will get us out or not. Further discussion beyond that is just varying degrees of vitrol, ad hominen attacks, strawmen and stumping.

I object to a post that uses dead soldiers to say "See, I told you so..."

Oddly enough, I share many of the concerns that New Guy's posts highlight.

I'm now slithering back to my hole in the ground... :duh:

:angel:

Soldiers dying in a battlefield is tragic. No parent should have to bury their kid, especially if it's preventable.

On the same token, how many mother's sons were killed in car crashes, work accidents, etc yesterday?

What's left to say? The war was wrong or not, staying there is a mistake or not, the next president will get us out or not. Further discussion beyond that is just varying degrees of vitrol, ad hominen attacks, strawmen and stumping.

This is excellent advice, I'll try and remember it.:angel:

No, it's not worth it today and it was not worth it yesterday. DH (Vietnam Vet) and I (served stateside during Desert Storm) hoped this bad dream would not become real when this war was being discussed but unfortunately it has. DH experienced the fact that war just doesn't work well when the good guys and the bad guys (and gals today) all look alike and there's no front.

Can't personally vouch for the statistics - but I did find this, which might give one pause for thought:

"Total U.S. troop deaths in Iraq as of last week were reported at 2,863. Total U.S. troop deaths in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan during the five years of the Afghan campaign are currently at 289"

"Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001."

If we are talking about needless deaths an average of 45,000 Americans die every year in car crashes a lot of them probably avoidable but not much media space is being given to the carnage on our roads.:eek:

If we are talking about needless deaths an average of 45,000 Americans die every year in car crashes a lot of them probably avoidable but not much media space is being given to the carnage on our roads.:eek:

No that is not the point. Why should a great american kid join the american military only to be sent to a place that is not important to our survival as a nation. If you really believe a two bit dictator that saddam was was a threat to our way of life you have been drinking the koolaid way to long!

This subject has been cussed, discussed, review, you name it. I doubt it has changed a single mind of any who post here. However, IMHO, anyone that would use the death of 8 Americans just to troll a bulletin board is lower than pond scum!

No that is not the point. Why should a great american kid join the american military only to be sent to a place that is not important to our survival as a nation. If you really believe a two bit dictator that saddam was was a threat to our way of life you have been drinking the koolaid way to long!

I thought that war was a losing proposition as soon as i heard the rumors that GWB was planning an invasion.We had Saddam covered and he wasn't a threat to any one but his own people.Now we have lost some good people for an objective i still cant understand.
By the way American is spelled with a capital A

Last edited:
AnySoldier.com

Check them out...it's a simple way you can support troops directly. I've met the fellow who runs it and it's a Class A operation.

This subject has been cussed, discussed, review, you name it. I doubt it has changed a single mind of any who post here. However, IMHO, anyone that would use the death of 8 Americans just to troll a bulletin board is lower than pond scum!

Not trolling my friend. Oh is the america?? oops America ,Freedom? Ability to say what you feel? I have not gone over any lines on this forum. Oh there is an ignore button. Use it.

But its like a train wreck. You know its going to be bad but you just have to look. :)

There you go again....

Oh by the way, I am retired. I IS Off The Clock!

I’m not going anywhere.
If you mean that I have quoted another’s post you are correct but I don’t expect to be thanked for that.
Congratulations on being retired. Retirement is either the goal or the status of all of us here I think. It isn’t clear what that has to do with the failure of America’s educational system to impart the skills and appreciation for correct prose.

You have the right to say what you think, I have the right to think you are lower than pond scum. Freedom of speech is freedom from government not individuals! So you have the right to say it, and I have the right to think that someone who uses the death of another for their own debase purposes is the lowest form of human.

Back
Top Bottom