A Better Way to Watch the MLB Baseball Playoffs

Qs Laptop

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you have access to Fox and Fox Sports on your cable system you can enjoy much better picture quality if:

1. You have a 4K TV with HDR capability.

2. You can stream Fox Sports 1. In other words, you have a Roku 4K, a Firestick 4K, or Apple TV stick with 4K capability and have the Fox Sports 1 streaming app installed. A 4K TV with streaming apps built in will also work.

Instead of watching the 1080p version of the game offered on Fox on cable TV, watch the games via your FS1 streaming app. The game will be upscaled to 4K resolution AND it will be in HDR, meaning the picture quality is much improved. In fact, when the game switches to commercials during between inning breaks the downgrade in video quality is very noticeable.

I've got an OLED TV and the picture quality is stunning in 4K HDR. You typically don't get 4K HDR on cable.

Unfortunately, TBS coverage of the baseball playoffs is not in HDR.

Once the playoffs get to the LCS stage I think all games in the ALCS are on Fox and Fox Sports 1. All games in the NLCS are on TBS. So at least the ALCS will be watchable in 4K and HDR.

The World Series will be available on Fox only, not Fox Sports 1, so I'm assuming it will not be in HDR. (BOO!)

Last edited:
I do not get FS1 so BOOOO...

Only one Astros game on Fox...

Back
Top Bottom