A Good Week

RunningBum

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My house went under contract on Tuesday, not even 2 weeks on the market and to just the 3rd person who looked at it. $2300 under my asking price, and I can stay in the house a few days after DD's graduation, so the dates work perfect for me. I was a bit worried about having to move out a week or two early and dealing with a motel and storage. I was more worried that the market was drying up here and it might take time and a price drop to get an offer. Call it luck, but I did pick this house carefully and made improvements with resale in mind.

This was the last thing putting my summer calendar in question, so now we're free to set dates and plan our trip to Europe.

My request at work to go 1/2 time with 1/2 pay and reduced benefits was approved today. That will start on June 2. I'm fully aware I'm suffering from "one more year" syndrome, but this should be a good transition to retirement. I'm not at all sure I'll be able to hold to 20 hours, but if I work more hours one week I plan to balance it with less the next. If too many weeks are too busy to do that, I'll just put in a date to leave for good.

Smaller things too:
At the same time I got the 1/2 time news, I also got a small bonus for keeping up with multiple hot customer situations over the last month. Wasn't much, but nice to be appreciated.

DD continues to be excited about entering college this fall, even though she's not going to her first choice school. She was thrilled to get her email address yesterday.

Had a fun day trip up to Ft Worth on Sunday, to play floorball with players in the DFW area.

30K trail run coming up this Sunday, with cool weather promised for the race start--a real bonus for May in Texas! DD is doing the 10K.

It's a charmed life right now. But I did do a lot to set myself up for this, nothing has just fallen into my lap.

My house went under contract on Tuesday, not even 2 weeks on the market and to just the 3rd person who looked at it. $2300 under my asking price, and I can stay in the house a few days after DD's graduation, so the dates work perfect for me. I was a bit worried about having to move out a week or two early and dealing with a motel and storage. I was more worried that the market was drying up here and it might take time and a price drop to get an offer. Call it luck, but I did pick this house carefully and made improvements with resale in mind.

This was the last thing putting my summer calendar in question, so now we're free to set dates and plan our trip to Europe.

My request at work to go 1/2 time with 1/2 pay and reduced benefits was approved today. That will start on June 2. I'm fully aware I'm suffering from "one more year" syndrome, but this should be a good transition to retirement. I'm not at all sure I'll be able to hold to 20 hours, but if I work more hours one week I plan to balance it with less the next. If too many weeks are too busy to do that, I'll just put in a date to leave for good.

Smaller things too:
At the same time I got the 1/2 time news, I also got a small bonus for keeping up with multiple hot customer situations over the last month. Wasn't much, but nice to be appreciated.

DD continues to be excited about entering college this fall, even though she's not going to her first choice school. She was thrilled to get her email address yesterday.

Had a fun day trip up to Ft Worth on Sunday, to play floorball with players in the DFW area.

30K trail run coming up this Sunday, with cool weather promised for the race start--a real bonus for May in Texas! DD is doing the 10K.

It's a charmed life right now. But I did do a lot to set myself up for this, nothing has just fallen into my lap.

Sounds fantastic!

And today the home inspector just told the buyer this house was in the best shape of any 11 year old house he's seen in years, and congratulated her on finding a great house. He noted 2 small things that might cost me $200-300 to repair. Woo-HOO! :D

Back
Top Bottom