aarp medicare insurance

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was wondering if anyone has aarp medicare complete plan 3 or plan 1. I notice one has no premium and no deductible for health plan or drugs. How does that work? are these plans good or not so good? do they get accepted easily? let me know what you think. thanks

frank

AARP Medicare Complete

My recently deceased Father-in-law had AARP United Healthcare Medicare Complete Plan 2, which is all that was available in FL. The cost was the same as Medicare Part B. He had small copays for Doc visits, copays for meds, copays for ER, copays for hospital, and an out-of-pocket max of $4900 (in network). The AARP plan was accepted everywhere. When he was hospitalized after a stroke, he got no bills from any Drs, no separate drug bills, no lab test bills, no radiology bills, just the daily deductible for 5 days. It was pretty good. When he was discharged to a Skilled care facility, the coverage wasn't as good as regular Medicare. Also, when it looked like he would need to go to a nursing home after the SNF and probably end up on Medicaid, he had to switch back to regular Medicare. He also had silver sneaker benefits (which he didn't use.) The AARP plan is more like the kind of insurance you get from your employer. Regular Medicare is a lot more complicated, but if you get the right supplement, pretty much everything is covered. Here in Florida, at least, the AARP plan, especially for hospitalizations, was very good.

I was wondering if anyone has aarp medicare complete plan 3 or plan 1. I notice one has no premium and no deductible for health plan or drugs. How does that work? are these plans good or not so good? do they get accepted easily? let me know what you think. thanks

frank

frank, there have been numerous discussions on the forum regarding Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplemental plans. Just type that in the "search" bar and pick out any discussion you want. You'll probably find at least ten threads.

frank, there have been numerous discussions on the forum regarding Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplemental plans. Just type that in the "search" bar and pick out any discussion you want. You'll probably find at least ten threads.

Slightly off topic, but where did the Google Search bar go that used to be at the bottom of the search pull down? I don't see it with either skin. :confused:

Slightly off topic, but where did the Google Search bar go that used to be at the bottom of the search pull down? I don't see it with either skin. :confused:
I see it at the top of the page

Last edited:
I have mine at the top of the search pull down. There is one at the top of the page as well. They both seem to be searches internal to this site.

Google site / internets search box is at the top for me, not in the drop down search box. I use Mozilla Firefox with AdBlock but it looks the same with Chrome and IE.

Attachments

• Searchbox.jpg
    Searchbox.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 53
Google site / internets search box is at the top for me, not in the drop down search box. I use Mozilla Firefox with AdBlock but it looks the same with Chrome and IE.
Mystery solved! I'm using the blue (V1.0) skin which has no Google site specific search option.

Thanks, Michael. This is useful to know when directing newbies to do a search, as the non-Goggle search function sucks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom