AARP Medicare Supplement Plan - Details Anyone?

Plan D and Part D are not the same - Plan D is a supplement plan while Part D are prescription plans

With Part D Rx plans, DW's is $17.70 / mo. can be changed every year during open enrollment with no medical review so if you go on a very expensive prescription you are not locked into a provider and can change into one with better coverage for that, (those), drugs effective the next calendar year.

This year my DW actually did this as she went on one plan D Rx plan in October 2017 and then switched to another one effective Jan. 1, 2018 because prices and formularies changed and it was less expensive for her prescriptions to change plan providers.

Last edited:
Supplements (Medigap) are "plans", not "Part" . You are correct that the site lists Medigap Plan G for $100.

I could not find Part D drug plans on that site. What I did see was another Medigap version called Plan D for $100. To view Part D drug plans, go to Medicare.gov Plan Finder and enter their zip code, then select the "I take no drugs" option. Most markets have a Part D drug plan in the $16-$25 per month range to use as a placeholder. Each person's situation is unique. There is no one size fits all solution.

This site lists the different Medigap Plan letters and what each covers: https://www.medicare.gov/supplement-other-insurance/compare-medigap/compare-medigap.html

Thanks!

the $12.60/month EnvisionRxPlus does offer the lowest Estimated Annual Retail Drug Cost,

so that plus the Plan G mentioned (~$100/month) is the preferred option?

Last edited:
Thanks!

the $12.60/month EnvisionRxPlus does offer the lowest Estimated Annual Retail Drug Cost,

so that plus the Plan G mentioned (~$100/month) is the preferred option?

ncbill,

Those are what I chose. (To find a well-priced, well-rated Plan G , I worked with Chris Westfall. He's got a website https://seniorsavingsnetwork.org/ and a bunch of youtube videos....and is licensed to sell Plans in the majority of states. He was very helpful. I even called him a few months before I had to make my selection, just to get some questions answered.)

omni

Back
Top Bottom