Advice needed for home security system

How is it a home owner can shoot and kill a home invader and a taser is illegal?

It comes down to "booby trap" laws. Feel free to use a taser on an intruder, hand to hand. But booby trap it, and the intruder has a heart attack, and you have a real problem.

It comes down to "booby trap" laws. Feel free to use a taser on an intruder, hand to hand. But booby trap it, and the intruder has a heart attack, and you have a real problem.
Does this count? My DH booby trapped me at the kitchen sink and I almost had a heart attack.

Does this count? My DH booby trapped me at the kitchen sink and I almost had a heart attack.

Only if you press charges. :LOL:

Most home security system are really only for "Peace of mind' of the homeowner. They may act as a deterrent if you have a sign and the cameras are visible to an intruder. I have them for my own benefit.

Some of MY Reasons to install a home security system:

1) They are fun to play with.

2) It was fun installing them.

3) I can catch the deer eating my Geraniums on the front porch. They still eat them but I can see they have done it. (Past Tense as they always come at night.)

4) I can see if the water comes up high from the surrounding lakes during a storm if I am not in.

5) This is the MOST useful feature so far; I can check to see if I left the garage door open after I have left, when I am at the end of the road. So I can go back home and shut it.

Last edited:
How is it a home owner can shoot and kill a home invader and a taser is illegal?

If you’re home you can probably do either. Comes down to threat. If you’re not home, it’s hard to argue you were in fear of your life or bodily harm.

Back
Top Bottom