Advice

This guy Hudson is really being given an odd welcome. I don't see that his questions are any more weird than most others.

What's up board?

Ha

Well, Hudson wants to know whether his current investments of $1.5MM in municipal and treasury bonds are the "best" and "safest". It seems odd for someone who has accumulated such a large portfolio ($2MM) and worked in the financial industry for years would post such a question. There is no risk-free investment. Treasury bill is a proxy for risk-free rate. He could buy multiple CDs (less than $100K) from different banks for insurance by the FDIC. He may keep his treasury bonds despite interest rate risk. He can keep them until maturity, however.

No reason to be so sarcastic to Hudson.

This is a great board because people give good advice in a non-derogatory or combatitive environment.

There are many kinds of jobs in the financial industry. One could be a custodian/janitor for LehmanBrothers. One could sort mail for MorganStanley. One could be a server in Vanguard cafeteria. One could be parking cars in the NYSE garage. All these jobs qualify as working in the financial industry.

And if he was able to make $2M by the age of 40 in one of those jobs, that is even more reason to listen to him, so why not be nice.

And if he was able to make $2M by the age of 40 in one of those jobs, that is even more reason to listen to him, so why not be nice.
Anansi, hudson is almost 62 now. He worked 40 YEARS (presumably from age 22 to age 62 in the financial industry).

Also we have given what I think is outstanding advice given the limited discourse in this thread.

hudson, what are those ideas of your own that you wrote about? How do they contrast with the ideas proposed here?

This guy Hudson is really being given an odd welcome. I don't see that his questions are any more weird than most others.

What's up board?

Ha

I agree with ha. One should not assume hudson was a money manager or advisor. There are a LOT of jobs that don't involve money management.

What's up board?

Ha

I looked back through the various posts in this thread and I don't really see what you do Ha. I think many of the posters gave fairly good advice, at least as good as most other threads I've read. Maybe the questions were a little blunt but I didn't see any great harm in that.

Do you have anything specific to point to?

Yes, but...

I looked back through the various posts in this thread and I don't really see what you do Ha. I think many of the posters gave fairly good advice, at least as good as most other threads I've read. Maybe the questions were a little blunt but I didn't see any great harm in that.

Do you have anything specific to point to?
Well I do, but as Hudson has departed, and as whatever I would cite might make someone who is still here feel defensive, and as it would take time that I need to spend reading things that might make me some money I think I will decline.

I appreciate the spirit in which you have asked the question, but I want my energies to go to threads and other pursuits that might lead somewhere. :)

Ha

I guess you are right..I do have more important things to do....unlike you.

Feel free to ask any other questions.
Hmmm, I felt free to ask alot of questions. None were really answered. I wasted my time.

I guess you are right..I do have more important things to do....unlike you.

PM me if you have questions that you don't want answered in the public forum. What I was trying to say was you seemed "upset" with the answers being given to you.....:confused:

Calling folks out isn't going to help your situation one iota. Using PMs to the folks who have offered advice is the best route here........I do it all the time.

Tough love exists on here, I should know I'm a financial advisor on a DIY forum............:D

hudson (aka seeker) tries again.
Well, at least he's stopped using the words "best" and "safest", and he's certainly getting their "exacting" recommendations. Good for him.

Back
Top Bottom