Andy Griffith is gone RIP!

As a native Tarheel (North Carolinian) I'll definitely miss Andy. Coincidentally, I happen to be in NC right now visiting my mom, daughter, grandaughter, other relatives, friends etc. I was eating with my mom in a restaurant when I heard the news of Andy's death. He was only 3 yrs older than my mom. I've visited Andy's hometown of Mount Airy, NC. "Mount Pilot" is actually Pilot Mountain, which is near Mt. Airy. Andy was a childhood hero of mine, and to tell the truth, he still is.

What a loss. I grew up on the Andy Griffith show reruns as I was 4 when the show ended. It is/was required TV for our kids along with the Walton's and Little House on the Prarie at the appropiate ages.

What a loss. I grew up on the Andy Griffith show reruns as I was 4 when the show ended. It is/was required TV for our kids along with the Walton's and Little House on the Prarie at the appropiate ages.
Yeah, my collections of parental discretion on TV as a kid was that I was allowed to stay up until 11 PM on Saturday nights instead of the usual 9 PM bedtime partially because it wasn't a school night, but also because my parents would let me stay up to watch the Carol Burnett Show which ran from 10-11 on CBS on Saturday nights.

I read he was buried 5 hours after his death on the family farm. Apparently, he was ill for sometime but pretty much keep his illness away from the public eye. The official cause of death was a heart attack.

RIP Andy.

easysurfer said:
I read he was buried 5 hours after his death on the family farm. Apparently, he was ill for sometime but pretty much keep his illness away from the public eye. The official cause of death was a heart attack.

RIP Andy.

That was certainly unique. An article stated that it was his wish to be buried immediately.

Back
Top Bottom