Any info on Amino Acids?

This board might feel that water is dangerous for a thirsty man.

I believe that few of the public experts who weigh in on these matters have any stake in the health of the population. Doctors don't. They generally would like their patients to do well, but they know that this will never dent their business. If some of the big diseases were suddenly easily cured an enormous investment in US medical "care" would be at least partially redundant. The diabetes boom is a case in point. Diabetics are big consumers of drugs, hospitalizations and surgery, and make up a big part of the daily load in a GP's or internist's office practice. A surgeon could almost make a career out of cutting off successive sections of diabetics' appendages. And where did the diabetes boom come from? Well, the timing certainly suggests that government dietary guidelines, promulgated by prominent and influential academic MDs might have had more than a little to do with it. For sure drug companies rarely want to cure anybody, unless the treatment costs at least $20,000 pa and takes a while. What they salivate over is an incurable disease that can be expensively treated with drugs, but given the standard of care will only occasionally be cured.

You know who has a stake in the health of the population? The armed forces do, and large life insurers or life re-insurers. The insurers need to be those without much health insurance or annuity business. Now, these folks do not want you to die!

And they have lots of data, and unlike too much research coming out of medicine, the insurers have a big stake in making the right interpretations of their data.

Ha

Last edited:
Yeah, so not only is there almost nobody with the motivation to really cure, there is the cognitive dissonance of practitioners that can't groc that what they've been telling people for 30 years is wrong. Things move slowly because we have to wait for the "experts" that have that baggage to die-off.

We are doomed.

I don't "recommend" it, but WallyWorld has tubs of whey powder for $16.95 or so. I use it to make a PWO (post-workout) shake. I use half a scoop, which works out to 15 grams of protein. I use it for a little extra protein after a fairly vigorous weight workout, but also/mostly because it's handy to refuel a bit without eating. I just can't eat as much as I used to...

Fyi, the RDA for protein is 0.3-0.4gm/lbs of bodyweight, or around 62gms for me. Bodybuilders consume more on the order of 0.5-1.0...

1/4-lbs burger = 24.2
1-hard-boiled egg = 6.3
8oz glass of milk = 8.1
Etc.

I don't "recommend" it, but WallyWorld has tubs of whey powder for $16.95 or so. I use it to make a PWO (post-workout) shake. I use half a scoop, which works out to 15 grams of protein. I use it for a little extra protein after a fairly vigorous weight workout, but also/mostly because it's handy to refuel a bit without eating. I just can't eat as much as I used to...

Fyi, the RDA for protein is 0.3-0.4gm/lbs of bodyweight, or around 62gms for me. Bodybuilders consume more on the order of 0.5-1.0...

1/4-lbs burger = 24.2
1-hard-boiled egg = 6.3
8oz glass of milk = 8.1
Etc.

I buy some already made from Sam's club... it has 30 grams, but I only drink half of it... actually not bad... I have heard making it yourself from dry can be lumpy and not taste good....

I throw some frozen fruit, milk, and powder into the blender. Then whip it, whip it good...

Back
Top Bottom