Any luck pushing back?

Yippee!
I think Gone4Good's comment above is about what my thought process was, but he stated it better than I would have.

Now the next stage should be to very gradually make sure all your co-w*rkers know how you feel about the travel.

I had a casual conversation with my immediate boss and got my immediate goal, which was a break from the bulk of the travel for the rest of the year. I decided not to pursue the travel schedule for next year as a topic of conversation.

Good news Brewer. Hope you enjoy more time with your family and set aside time to take care of yourself. I've followed your story and know you tend to put yourself last behind all your other responsibilities. A very admiral trait, but you can't be there for everyone else unless you're healthy and happy.

I had a casual conversation with my immediate boss and got my immediate goal, which was a break from the bulk of the travel for the rest of the year. I decided not to pursue the travel schedule for next year as a topic of conversation.
Whew. Glad that worked out.

Now you have a few months to pull a Tom Sawyer on the co-workers: "Aw, man, I'd really like to make this trip, but the boss says that I have to train someone else to do more travel. Dammit."

Back
Top Bottom