Any Mac OS Ventura Experience

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anyone migrate to Ventura yet on their Macs? I guess there is already a revision out 13.0.1.

I installed it as soon as it was out of beta almost a month ago, I use my Mac every day and I've had zero issues with it. Revisions aren't bad things IME, more often than not just improvements and security updates. When there have been issues in the past, Apple was very quick to provide updates to correct. I think 13.0.1 is the original, not a revision.

Last edited:
13.0.1 was a bugfix version.

I'm still waiting for 13.1 which should be out pretty soon. The third beta was sent out over a week ago.

kO7MeOul.png
[/IMG]

We installed it Day 1 and no problems.

I always install software upgrades on our His & Her's MacBook Pro's and our iPhones as soon as they are available.

Been doing this since we swapped over from the other kind of compooters and going to Apple/Mac's in about 2008.

Updated on day 1 with no problems. Actually I was having problems for the last few months but Ventura didn’t fix it. I erased the hard drive, installed Ventura from the internet, and restored my Time Machine backup, opting not to restore system settings. All is well now.

Actually my only issue is that the mail icon badge doesn’t update. May or may not be related.

Thanks for the reminder, I will do that today!

Been running 13.0 since it came out with no problems. Haven't installed the patch yet.
System settings now looks similar to iphone settings.

Ran it from fairly soon after release - only bug I ran into was an inability to quickly empty trash. The 13.0.1 release fixed it.

I meant to mention that the new Stage Manager feature is worth the trouble of upgrading. When switching apps, the inactive app is minimized to a small thumbnail to the side instead of to the icon in the dock. I find it much easier to stay focused when multitasking or switching between apps, say when switching between Safari and Numbers.

I think my iMac is too old (late 2015, Intel, 27”) for the upgrade. It’s still running well and snappy enough for me though so I can be patient and wait for newer models.

[ADDED] My current machine has done its job well by getting me off Windows.

Last edited:
I installed it when it first came out. The only bug I had was with my Carbonite backup. There was a workaround I found easily using Google and the update fixed it entirely. Otherwise no problems.

I think my iMac is too old (late 2015, Intel, 27”) for the upgrade. It’s still running well and snappy enough for me though so I can be patient and wait for newer models.

[ADDED] My current machine has done its job well by getting me off Windows.
My mac mini later 2012 is OS 10.15.7 Catalina, works great since aaaing SSD, runs everything feels like it will run forever but already advised it will not run Turbo Tax 2022:nonono:

Just upgraded DW's Macbook M1 air to Ventua, no problems so far

My mac mini later 2012 is OS 10.15.7 Catalina, works great since aaaing SSD, runs everything feels like it will run forever but already advised it will not run Turbo Tax 2022:nonono:

Just upgraded DW's Macbook M1 air to Ventua, no problems so far

Hmmm. That’s a bit concerning (about Turbo Tax). But I realized I wasn’t totally accurate about being weaned off Windows: I still run it on the iMac with the Parallels VM. The reason for that is to run Quicken for Windows. I’ve also been using Turbo Tax (from Fidelity) under Windows/Parallels. I’ll have to wait and see if there are any issues.

Good news about your MacBook and Ventura!

Thinking about upgrade to Ventura. Still running Monterey 12.2 on my relatively new Mac Studio. I use some software that is no longer in business, so I'm worried that there will be an os upgrade someday that won't be compatible with the software. All my old software and drivers have worked up through 12.2.

I use some software that is no longer in business, so I'm worried that there will be an os upgrade someday that won't be compatible with the software. All my old software and drivers have worked up through 12.2.

What I do is to make a virtual machine with my current OS and the software I'm concerned about. I use Parallels, but Fusion would be as good.

It doesn't take up that much space, and doesn't affect operating speed, so no real penalty for doing this. I have some very old software that I can still run just fine this way.

What I do is to make a virtual machine with my current OS and the software I'm concerned about. I use Parallels, but Fusion would be as good.

It doesn't take up that much space, and doesn't affect operating speed, so no real penalty for doing this. I have some very old software that I can still run just fine this way.

Still miss OS9 sometimes;)

I did the update and no issues.

I'm still trying to create a stable 10.6.8 VM on Parallels to play old PowerPC games.

No luck yet.

Back
Top Bottom