Any recommendations for a WiFi camera?

Carpediem

Full time employment: Posting here.
We're thinking about buying a WiFi enabled camera to make uploading photos and videos easier. We use the photos and videos for our online businesses. Currently, we use either our phones or an older camera with a memory card. The process of getting the images off the phones or the memory card and uploaded to the appropriate online locations is a PITA. We're hoping a WiFi camera might make that easier.

Do you have a recommendation for a WiFi camera? Or are there other options even better than a WiFi camera?

What is easier than using an iPhone? You take a picture, and it automatically uploads it your iCloud account where you can access it from your phone, tablet or computer. And the picture quality is amazing. Plus, one less device to carry around and your phone is always with you when you need it to snap a photo.

What is easier than using an iPhone? You take a picture, and it automatically uploads it your iCloud account where you can access it from your phone, tablet or computer. And the picture quality is amazing. Plus, one less device to carry around and your phone is always with you when you need it to snap a photo.

No iPhones for us. We're still Androidites.

I have two Sony cameras, a RX100M2 (M5 is now out) and an Alpha7M2. Both do painless WiFi transfers of JPEGs (not RAW) from the camera to a phone or tablet.

No iPhones for us. We're still Androidites.

Sounds like you have Android phones, so if they are fairly recent models with decent cameras, just install the Google Photos app and all your photos will automatically be uploaded to your Google cloud account where you'll have very easy online access to them. And an added benefit of using Google Photos is that you can set it such that photos no longer take up space in your phone's storage space once they've been uploaded.

I purchased a digital camera years ago, right before the smart phones developed the high quality lenses that you find in all of the current models. I did not anticipate smart phones improving their picture quality so much that they would eliminate the need for a separate camera, but clearly they have done so with the current models.

I can understand a photography enthusiast still wanting to buy a digital SLR model with interchangeable lenses to take advantage of all of the extra features you find on those cameras. But for everyday use, I think the single purpose digital camera is essentially obsolete, much like the pager became years ago when smart phones replicated and improved on their technology to the point where they no longer made any sense.

Do phones have 20 Mega pixel and 7x optical zoom with optical stabilization ?
My $99 Nikon 2 yr old camera does.

However my cheap $29 Lumina phone does do Real HD (1024) so I use that for videos.

So I carry both when traveling.

As to OP question, a possible solution is one of these type of things, and there are many brands.
th

Back
Top Bottom