Anybody following LLWS?

MRG

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Little League World Series finishes up this wekend. Anyone else following?

MRG

Only because Eastlake is in it, and I live out here, have friends and wife works in Eastlake. Anyone paying attention in San Diego was pulling for the Eastlake-Tijuana final.

Yes, been watching since I have one still playing in Pony baseball. Fall baseball starts up in the next week or so for us. Went to the park after the US championship game to try out a new baseball bat and tossed 200 balls for batting practice. Should be a good game tomorrow, US has power/pitching and Japan has strong fundamental game play. There's a great chance for a lopsided win if the big kid (6' 4") comes close to the no hitter he pitched the other day.

We love these two weeks every year. After the summer sports drought, this is a start to the sports season. Apologies to baseball and basketball fans. You have two seasons: the long boring one and the short interesting one. Apology to cycling fans. Has anyone ever really won the TDF? (BTW I am a deeply saddened cyclist...not by Lance but by the sport).

LLWS is pure sport. Go California! We are going over to Mom's to watch and eat some nachos!

There's nothing more real than look of wins or losses on those young people's faces.

I'd much rather watch a game of 10-12 year olds play, than any highly compensated 'pro'. We have a pro team here, haven't been to a game since the year of the strike.

Every player there is a winner.

I will be rooting for CA as well.

MRG

Watched yesterday's game between CA and CT. I ususally try to catch a few games each year. I thought the CA team went a little too far in trying to run up the score in their last at bat, and if I was their coach, would have told the kids to take an out.

Nash the final score didn't reflect what Eastlake did. I watched the entire game. Didn't get #5's name, that young man showed more intestinal fortitude than any professional athlete I've ever watched. I know I couldn't have taken his third at bat, what courage!

The whole team played like pros. I hope they all get a huge welcome home, they are champions.

Thank you for mentioning the Eastlake, Tijuana connection. I agree that would have been great to see.

MRG

Back
Top Bottom