Anybody willing to part with Quicken for Mac that you're not using?

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you have moved to the subscription model and are no longer using your standalone 2017 Quicken for Mac software, please pm me. I'm interested in acquiring. Hopefully it will work with Mojave.

I can't really count on using subscription because we live in an area that has no cable or internet. :facepalm:

We hotspot.

Thank you.

Thank you. Yes, very helpful.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to buy the 2017 standalone software for Mac, feel free to comment.

Would this be an eBay thing?

Why not just buy the most recent subscription version of Quicken and just not renew it after the 1 year is up? You'll still have access to your data and can make manual entries.

Why not just buy the most recent subscription version of Quicken and just not renew it after the 1 year is up? You'll still have access to your data and can make manual entries.

Hmmm... I guess I thought (perhaps wrongly) that it puts your data in the cloud, and it stops letting you have access to your data when the subscription runs out.

Can you/anyone comment on my impressions of this subscription software?

Also, we don't have internet in our neck of the woods and hotspots are sometimes slow.

Hmmm... I guess I thought (perhaps wrongly) that it puts your data in the cloud, and it stops letting you have access to your data when the subscription runs out.

Can you/anyone comment on my impressions of this subscription software?

Also, we don't have internet in our neck of the woods and hotspots are sometimes slow.

I too would just buy the current version and then not renew.

Have you read the information on Quickens support website? From their website:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs

“Please note that while Quicken is now a subscription product, it has not changed to a web-hosted/cloud-based product. Quicken will remain a desktop program and your data will continue to be stored on your computer. Quicken has a cloud sync feature if you would like to use the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web, but this is optional.”

“What happens when my Quicken membership expires?

The Quicken Data Access Guarantee means that whether you renew your subscription or not, you'll always have full access to and ownership of your data. You can view, edit, export, and manually enter transactions and accounts for Deluxe and higher versions, even after your subscription ends. Access to online services, such as transaction download, quotes, and mobile sync, along with access to Quicken Support, will end if your subscription does. We’ll continue to let you know about product changes and enhancements within the Quicken product. You will also see expiration messages within the program (for examples, see How will I know if I need to renew my subscription membership? below).

The Data Access Guarantee applies to Deluxe and higher versions of Quicken; the Starter version will become read-only upon membership expiration or cancellation.”

I can verify that my Quicken data file resides on my own computer. I have chosen to not sync my data to the cloud. I did it when the feature first came out, but decided that I did not need access to my Quicken data other than from my own PC. So I deleted the cloud data and never synced it again.

I do use Quickens transaction download capabilities from my various financial account. I like what it does for me. So I have to pay for the subscription. Personally I feel that I get enough value each year to pay it.

Very helpful, thank you.

Maybe I was thinking of the starter version (becomes read only).

So - if the last standalone version for Mac was 2017 - has the Mac version been changed or upgraded each year since? Or is it the same as 2017, and (as you've helpfully outlined) the subscription simply lets one download transactions...?

So - if the last standalone version for Mac was 2017 - has the Mac version been changed or upgraded each year since?

I think the 2017 was version 4. They are up to version 6 now. I use the subscription Mac Quicken. I have about 10 accounts (banking, investments, credit cards), and they all update flawlessly. Lots of people complain - not me. They continue to improve the product and I don't have to use a PC for anything anymore!

Back
Top Bottom