Anyone book int'l flight recently? Passport question

Luvdogs

Recycles dryer sheets
I booked an Iceland flight several months ago through Delta but I don't remember if they required a passport number at the time to book.

Mine expired and I received my new one today. But I can't find anyplace to input my passport number online or on the app. I googled it and there are answers both ways...

My cruiseline had told me for the excursions, etc part just to move the date on my old one until I got the new one, which I did.
I know I have to update it in Global Entry.

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they just check your passport when you start your flight at the first airport. So if you're flying BOS -> KEF for example, they'd check it at Boston at the Delta ticket counter before you even go through security.

They usually take it at check-in. They are happy to sell you a ticket with or without one!

I booked an Iceland flight several months ago through Delta but I don't remember if they required a passport number at the time to book.

Mine expired and I received my new one today. But I can't find anyplace to input my passport number online or on the app. I googled it and there are answers both ways...

My cruiseline had told me for the excursions, etc part just to move the date on my old one until I got the new one, which I did.

Thanks!

I recently booked an international trip with Delta and I did not need to enter my passport # just my ktn for precheck.

Just flew international on AA to the US on Monday and back out Wednesday. AA does require you to provide your passport number in reservations and purchase. FWIW.

I used to be able to enter my passport number when I booked an international flight on United, but a few years ago they stopped that.

By the way, your KTN links to your passport information. TSA probably has access to that. Definitely update your global entry info! Otherwise you’ll have trouble returning through the GE kiosks.

Luvdogs,

ms gamboolgal and I flew International for many years to/from Africa where we lived for work.

We flew Air France, Delta, Swiss Air, KLM, Luthansa and American, etc. Our Passport Numbers were in our Profile. ms gamboolgal booked dozens of flights over the years for us and never had a issue with booking.

As others have said, we had to show our Passports at check in and departure and at Passport Control.

Now that I am retired as of 1-Feb-21.
For ms gamboolgal and I - we are so glad to be done with International Flights. If we never get another Stamp in our Passports again - that will be just fine with us !
But that's just us.

Enjoy Iceland !

gamboolman....

Thanks!

I'd like to know if you had to update your info in Global Entry (Trusted Traveler site) or if it updated automatically. I have no memory of updating my information, but my new passport info is in there.

You probably just don't remember. It's simply a matter of logging into your account and clicking Update Documents.

I'd like to know if you had to update your info in Global Entry (Trusted Traveler site) or if it updated automatically. I have no memory of updating my information, but my new passport info is in there.

You have to update your global entry account info whenever you get a new passport issued or have your drivers license renewed.

I tried to update my passport number in Global Entry. It wouldn't let me do it.

I called our local airport (small airport) but they have a global entry place there. He said you cannot update the passport information online anymore and have to go in. I went there today, no appointment needed and he did it in five minutes.

Here's the FAQ from the website:
All Global Entry members can update their passport information through their TTP account. Click on "Update Documents." If the passport update involves a name change, you must visit a Global Entry enrollment center to update your information.

I got a new passport last year and updated it easily online.

Note that you do it through the Trusted Traveler website.
https://ttp.dhs.gov

I updated my passport in the global entry account online. No problem.

DH went into update his account with the new passport number. It wouldn’t allow him to edit it. He called global entry and they updated it for him over the phone.

Thanks!
÷

This right here is why I read this site. I fly out aug 7 and I have a new passport and I updated the number. Great info!

Anyone know if the 3 month (6 month) tourist “visa” clock is reset if you have a new passport with no stamps, obviously ? My old passport had stamps from this year for the same country. I read online it is but I find that hard to believe. Basically the immigration officer just looks at your stamps. It’s not computerized.

Last edited:
This right here is why I read this site. I fly out aug 7 and I have a new passport and I updated the number. Great info!

Anyone know if the 3 month (6 month) tourist “visa” clock is reset if you have a new passport with no stamps, obviously ? My old passport had stamps from this year for the same country. I read online it is but I find that hard to believe. Basically the immigration officer just looks at your stamps. It’s not computerized.

Your visa time frame is from when it was issued. You need to carry your old passport with you - the one with the visa stamp. The passport people will return the old passport to you with holes punched in - usually a little while after you get the new one.

Your visa time frame is from when it was issued. You need to carry your old passport with you - the one with the visa stamp. The passport people will return the old passport to you with holes punched in - usually a little while after you get the new one.

Bummer, i was hoping there was a loophole in the process that gave me a few more months due to a new passport. Thanks for the feedback WW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom