Anyone else????

Keep a few balled up socks to throw at the TV:confused:?? :mad: :facepalm:
Good idea. I'll try that, next time there is a Medicare advantage plan commercial or whenever Joe Buck is announcing a game.

That's funny- I have Netflix so don't get those commercials but the first thing I thought of was Joe Willie pushing Medicare Advantage. Henry Winkler and his ilk pushing reverse mortgages would be a close second.

No socks. I like what the King used to do. Shoot the TV with his .45. Now, that's making a statement! I guess he could afford new TVs whenever he got fed up but YMMV.

What are you guys watching? I don’t think I have seen anything mentioned.

The 3 local news channels are so biased. But they're the only game in town to get some idea of what is happening in the area. We rotate daily which networks to have on at morning , noon, evening or night, if we are even home.

No, but I am the King of the Remote.

I've gone as long as 4 years without listening to certain politicians. I just change the channel whenever they come on.

No, but I am the King of the Remote.

I've gone as long as 4 years without listening to certain politicians. I just change the channel whenever they come on.

We ended up with two cable remotes for some reason and DW thought it would be funny to have dueling remotes. Not our best interaction but YMMV.:LOL:

What are you guys watching? I don’t think I have seen anything mentioned.

Current Events..... We only have over the air channels... My point of view is you need to be informed even if you totally disagree.

I don't watch the televised news (5 years now!) so I have no need to throw anything at the TV.

Realistically, I only watch sports on the TV.

no, just the mute button on the remote.
we try hard not to watch too much news, just the 6 o'clock local channel and maybe a 30 minute national news, but not daily.

I don't watch TV any more. I can get the general idea of what is going on in the world from carefully selected internet sources, avoiding those that try to infuriate the listener.

I do have some non-skid socks right here on the table next to my recliner, in case my feet get cold. No need to throw them, though! :D

... My point of view is you need to be informed even if you totally disagree.
Yup. Our news is coffee-time morning review of Reuters.com and a couple of similar sites. I can skim those very fast and skip the chaff. Plus The Economist weekly, which has almost no chaff. Plus the local metro newspaper, where I see things that I might not otherwise see from my screened sources. The common element here is that I control the information flow. Read what I want, ignore what I want, etc. Much more time efficient that watching a slick-hair and a dolly dispensing the day's sound bites between commercials.

Current Events..... We only have over the air channels... My point of view is you need to be informed even if you totally disagree.

This used to be my point of view also but I’ve given up on all of them.
This is what Netflix and Prime fixed for me.
I only watch local news if there is something weather related going on. Being in CA that isn’t very often.
I skim the news on line and that seems to be my acceptable level at this point.

I am getting too old to tilt at windmills :). Anything I watch live on TV I have the remote handy. I use the TV a lot more for streamed/recorded stuff than live.

My local TV news seems to focus on violence and such, so I get most of my news from PBS and NPR.

Fortunately one can be informed without watching TV news or listening to pundits pontificating.

Some of us prefer to read our news.

Fortunately one can be informed without watching TV news or listening to pundits pontificating.

Some of us prefer to read our news.

I often think the only way to be informed it to turn off the TV news and stop listening to the pundits.

The invention of the DVR has been "bad" for me. I find I use the TV a lot more since I almost never watch live TV. I record everything, zap the commercials and zap the air-heads and politicians on the news. It's kind of fun, actually. YMMV

I watch TV programs from Roku probably 10 times a year when I am really bored.

Then I often got even more bored knowing nothing on TV has changed. It is just same old programs that I lost interest long time ago.

You at least get some different topics and style from different YouTube channels.

I do occasionally see fairly new and decent movies playing on TV and may stay until the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom