Anyone familiar with Phoenix Funds?

dougie790

Dryer sheet aficionado
My 401k includes an S+P 500 Index called the Phoenix Funds Insight Index (A shares). Is anyone familiar with them or this fund? It has an expense ratio of 0.73, which is a bit high for an index fund I feel. It also carries a front load but we do not have to pay that in the plan. Also, some of the holdings do not make sense; JP morgan money market and a liquid asset portfolio as two of the top five holdings? I am confused by this, shouldn't it just hold the stocks that the index holds? I know some funds use statistical models to represent the index but a money market fund and a liquid asset fund? Can anyone shed some light on this for me. I would like to use an index fund but this one does not look good.

Thanks,

Dave

Don't know that particular fund but had a Phoenix fund that was initially good and turned awful. I personally avoid Phoenix funds from that experience and am not an objective observer.

One would think an index fund would be ok and it does show returns close to the index but those holdings are making me second guess.

Back
Top Bottom