Anyone got any travel planned? 2018 version

Thanks for the new thread. Since I am the one who requested a new thread I will bite. So far for 2018 we have a Caribbean cruise and later an island adventure planned.

Disney World in a few weeks and then NYC and the Hampton's in July! Will be staying on my good friends yacht, so maybe we will hit up Block Island as well?

Outside of heading home from Santa Clara tomorrow morning, we have no travel plans for 2018. It's difficult travelling with DW since she needs oxygen on a constant basis and hauling around a walker and other gear is a burden. If we go anywhere, it will be day trips in Texas.

Australia later in January and into early February.

Singapore and Bali in June.

Probably a couple more still planning.

Mexico for a month starting late Jan. Zihua, La Paz, Loreto, Cabo. NorCal in April to see kids. Possibly Kelowna in May and then W Virginia in June.

Thinking about Washington DC and a second Alaska cruise.

I would love to do one big road trip in North America this year. Probably Spring or Late Summer and Fall.

3 trips to Calilfornia, 2 trips to Florida, a trip to Glacier Nat'l Park, another to Kentucky, and 2 to Ohio planned so far for 2018.

Still in planning stage, April road trip with my sister to take stuff to her snowbird home in AZ, return drive to PNW via National parks in Utah. Finally taking a decent length trip after retiring 2 years ago. Stock market returns mean no need for side hustle next year, oops I mean this year!

Suggestions for budget places to stay in Utah/Eastern Oregon/Nevada. We don't have our exact route yet.

Thanks!

2018 Travel Plans

We are planning a trip to Europe-France and Amsterdam. Should be a hoot. We haven't booked yet, waiting on estimate from AAA, but thinking of trying to book our self via Air B n B, various airline comparisons and such.

My wife is having some mobility problems with mid foot arthritis so we don't know what her future travel capabilities will be.

We plan to tour Ireland and Scotland by auto the end of May.

Future travel may be limited to North America by car. But there are dozens of great places and itineraries here.

We are so thankful to have been touring the world since 1970 and there are just a few places we have missed. But as perpetual travelers, a change of our travel interests is a little difficult.

Here is what is planned for 2018.. so far.

Feb - two weeks at a bungalow in Saint Simons Island, GA
Apr - two weeks at a conference in Vancouver, BC followed by a car tour down the coast to LAX to visit family, fly home from there.
Jly - one week at a cottage in Muskoka.
Sept - two weeks. Either train trip to New Mexico or perhaps Europe. Depends on DW health.
Nov - one week... notta clue yet.

2 weeks in Sept in Naples Italy and the Amalfi coast, on our own 2 feet.

We can help you on cheap lodging in Amsterdam . Where we stay is 100 yards from Central Station close to the shopping district ( per DW ) . A cool place to go when in Amsterdam is the black market . The place where we stay we have been staying there for 20years. 20 yards from a tram that take you to Albert Cyup or Leidespleine

Last edited:
A really good sight for Airfare out of Texas is Escape Houston , Austin, Dallas . They are adding more cities . We pay 85EU for our room in Amsterdam

Our travel plans keep building , over years and time we have built a group of friends who travel together . When we go as a group we party as a group.
Road trip to Ohio July , just DW and me a relative trip. non group
Amsterdam in September . Our group
Fantasy Fest / Key West in October our group
Last night the ladies in the group were discussing a cruise this year ...still in planning stages

103 days until we begin our 'getting to and getting around' Romania trip.

And...it looks as if (all things going well) we'll finally get to do The Little Yellow Train......booked flights one way Toronto to Toulouse Sept 25, 2018.

Hang around Toulouse area for a few days....do the train...head down to Perpignan for a while....bus/train from there to Barcelona to catch a repositioning ship to Miami.

Should be an easy-peasy hassle free trip.

And..and...looks like maybe another repositioning ship in the Spring of 2019...to Copenhagen...then we'll hopefully take trains around the Baltic countries.

We booked an oceanfront condo in the Bahamas for a month this summer when the kids are out of school. It's on a half mile stretch of undeveloped beach (other than the little 20 unit condo building we're staying in). Not planning on much other than chilling by the pool, on the beach, long walks up and down the sand, maybe some snorkeling or fishing.

Puerto Rico in the next month, try to get to NYC for a week in March/April, back to Australia in November, maybe take DW to Thailand on the way.

Back
Top Bottom