Apple Music Classical

bloom2708

Full time employment: Posting here.
For those that have an Apple Music subscription, Apple released "Apple Music Classical".

A stand alone app that contains all the Apple Classical music.

I downloaded and have been browsing and listening.

With the vast amount of classical and the length of tracks, I can see why this ended up in its own space.

Give it a whirl.

I intend to. I’m often searching for specific music because I play classical piano.

I read an article a day or two ago that explained the reasoning that Apple used when they decided it needed its own app. It made a lot of sense.

Many of the songs have many artists on the recording. Many of the songs have been recorded hundreds (if not thousands) of times by different artists. Many of the songs are known by different names in different languages. Many of the songs are known by different names (even in one language).

The experience would not have been a good one if they tried to cram these songs into the original Music app.

I will be downloading the app and poking around in the near future. I'm not a big Classical fan, but it's nice to listen to on occasion. When I need a break from ZZ Top and ABBA.

Spotify does a bad job of coming up with classical music suggestions. They pick one movement of one symphony or concerto and then a different symphony or concerto. Maybe it’s just me but I want to hear all the movements in their order.

I read an article a day or two ago that explained the reasoning that Apple used when they decided it needed its own app. It made a lot of sense.

Many of the songs have many artists on the recording. Many of the songs have been recorded hundreds (if not thousands) of times by different artists. Many of the songs are known by different names in different languages. Many of the songs are known by different names (even in one language).

The experience would not have been a good one if they tried to cram these songs into the original Music app.

I will be downloading the app and poking around in the near future. I'm not a big Classical fan, but it's nice to listen to on occasion. When I need a break from ZZ Top and ABBA.

Right - exactly! When I’m looking for a classical piece it’s composer and work# or name like Waltz in C# minor. Completely different kind of searching compared to popular music. YouTube is quite good at finding what I want with multiple options.

Back
Top Bottom