Apple Watches: SE vs. Series 8

I recharge at night as i don’t like it on when I’m sleeping and don’t care about what it might say about how i sleep
I’ve had my SE a couple of years and no battery problems yet.
I do like the heart beat monitor when I’m playing pickleball on asphalt in the hot GA July sun!

Plus, I really like the alarm function. I don’t get up early too often but when I need to set an alarm, having it on my wrist makes it easy to snooze and pretty quiet so it doesn’t wake up DW. I could probably set it to only vibrate to wake me but I haven’t looked into how to do that yet.

My DF is becoming pretty deaf and the vibration of the watch is the only thing that reliably wakes him up.

We have the Series 8. I did not think that I would like it as much as I do. I like that I can see messages even if my phone is in another room. It has detected that I have fallen twice and asked if I needed emergency services. I did not need them.

I need to read more about one can do or not do, as I take my watch off at night, since messages were waking me up. I did not know about sleep mode or being able to turn off display, unless you turn your wrist.

I have a car charger as well. I typically recharge while I'm eating dinner but on road trips it's good to charge it in the car while I'm sedentary anyway and have ready access to a dashboard clock.

It did annoy me that I immediately had to go out and buy a special wall charger because the one that came with it (no choice hen I ordered it) was hard-wired to a USB connector not compatible with my Windows machine. Like they HAD to do something different?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom