Are you bilingual (or more)?

How many languages do you speak

• English only (or with baby skill in another language)

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • English plus a passable second language

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • English and truly fluent or native in another language

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Truly fluent in more than two languages

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
Truly fluent in English and French. Pretty good German after a few beers. Can understand Italian if required. Can read Latin under torture.

Fan, kan ingen tala svenska har?
Det kan jag göra! Vilken sammanträffande! Min fru är svensk. DD var in sverige förre somar, så nu skall hon troligen talar bättre en jag.

Är inte Cute Fuzzy Bunny en skitstövel?

Last edited:
I was a professional gas passer! :)

So I see things have not changed! (you knew that was coming!)

I attended the Defense Language School (DLS) for French. I would say I was fluent in French with a heavy Texas accent! That was 35 years ago, and with little use, I would have to say English only now.

At the DLS, one of the French Instructors spoke every language you could think of. He was raised in the US, taught French, Romanian was his 'core' language, also spoke Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Japanese, Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodian, and Laotian! He was an Army Green Beret and some were learned as 'on the job training'. He said Korean was the hardest to learn.

He was one amazing guy!

Fluent in English and Hindi.
3 years of French.
1 year of Italian....didn't learn much, I was too busy staring at the professor....Eduardo....wow.

Does Southern Drawl qualify? ;)

Det kan jag göra! Vilken sammanträffande! Min fru är svensk. DD var in sverige förre somar, så nu skall hon troligen talar bättre en jag.

Är inte Cute Fuzzy Bunny en skitstövel?

Al,

Helt otvivelaktigt direct ifran ett oversattnings program. Men bra provat. Kan inte svara om CFB. Kanner inte mannen :D

At the DLS, one of the French Instructors spoke every language you could think of. He was raised in the US, taught French, Romanian was his 'core' language, also spoke Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Japanese, Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodian, and Laotian! He was an Army Green Beret and some were learned as 'on the job training'. He said Korean was the hardest to learn.

He was one amazing guy!

I think there are many very impressive people in this group.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom