Are You Ready For Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I sure am, Texans v Chiefs just kicked off. Any semblance of “normal” is welcome as the pandemic drags on.

Some of the announcers are having trouble making the transition to football with very little crowds this year. I'm watching the UAB at Miami college football game. They mentioned that one of the things they had to negotiate was the level of the canned crowd noise to make up for the lack of live crowd noise. They couldn't agree, so there is none. The analyst said that he couldn't blame UAB, because as the visiting team you don't want to play against a loud home crowd. I can't say for sure, but I'd think the canned noise would be equal between the teams.

Looking forward to college football. My Tar Heels play Syracuse this Saturday. To be honest with all the positive virus cases in Chapel Hill I was skeptical they would get to play. Keeping my fingers crossed. No fans are going to be allowed. The University asked the NC Governor for a waiver of the crowd limits so that the football player's families could attend the game but the Governor said no.

A welcome distraction, bring it on!

Pretty good 1st half. Not as much rust on these teams as expected due to no preseason.

Born and raised Steeler fan, but I doubt I will watch a single game. I've had enough of it. I haven't watched a single MLB game either.

I have been watching a decent amount of the NHL playoffs, even though my home team (Penguins) have been eliminated. Would like to see a Tampa/Vegas Stanley Cup Final.

Not really interested anymore, but not due to politics.

I was thinking that the Texans would just forfeit the game given Mahomes new contract. He must be pretty good.

I will probably watch the same as any other year which is whenever my schedule allows. NFL is the only professional sport I watch regularly. I would prefer they keep politics off the field but it PROBABLY won't keep me from watching the games.

I was thinking that the Texans would just forfeit the game given Mahomes new contract. He must be pretty good.
Watson is the second highest paid player...

I watched a full 15 seconds and then went back to the US Open. I do like football, but just not in the right frame of mind yet.

Crowd noise at Arrowhead wasn't too bad for only 22% of capacity.

+1. I want to, but I can’t.
As I said in another thread, I'll watch the first few games this weekend but if the game last night is an example of what is to be expected, then I'm done.

I did like the crowds live reaction "just before" the actual game started.

Last edited:
Not really interested anymore, but not due to politics.

Me too. I'll watch some for sure, but gone are the days I hunkered down on a Sunday to watch games. I probably watched 10 minutes of yesterday's game and that was a good matchup.

I watched the game last night and enjoyed it. I thought it would be weird with such a small crowd, but the telecast didn't look that much different than usual. Looking forward to watching "my" team on Sunday.

Watching a PIP view of the Rockets and the Texans last night - both looked bad. I'm not sure if the Chiefs are that good or the Texans are just bad but the Texans got their buttes kicked (much more than the score reflects). Where was the defense? The $40 million dollar man continues to run around like a chicken with his head chopped off and without doubt they miss DeAndre Hopkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom