Are you the happiest retiree here?

Are you the happiest retiree here?

• Well, duh, I'm W2R.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I'm not W2R, but I think I'm the happiest one.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Don't we need about 37 posts to define happiness?

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • And another 37 to figure out how properly to measure it?

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • No, but I know who is.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I say happiness is greatly overrated.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • It was easier to be happy when we were young.

• It is easier for young people to be happy today.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Anyone who tries can be happy.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Some people are incapable of happiness.

• I was happy, but am not currently.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • I was unhappy, but through sheer dint of extraordinary effort, now I am.

• I was born into a happy family.

• Vanguard makes me unhappy.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Happiness is relative. It's not possible for me to be happy unless others are unhappy.

• Should we be talking about happiness at all?

• I like Pharrell Williams.

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • I like pie.

Votes: 40 40.0%
  • This poll is incomplete. I'm not happy about that

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • This poll is so complete and I'm very happy about that.

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
Retired for >7 years - very few complaints!

I want to identify as Happy, but do not want to offend anyone.

Compared to others who knows, but I'm as happy as I can be under the circumstances. Don't ask me what those circumstances are.

I'm pretty darn happy. Probably not the happiest here... but happy enough for me.

I may not be the happiest person here, but I am happy and a lot more so than if I had continued working. Retirement suits me very well. I’m certainly a lot more relaxed and am very comfortable with just being. It’s a good time of life despite this aging thing and a few health issues.

I cannot achieve true happiness until the forum finds a definitive answer fto the following 10 questions:

- What is included in net worth?
- Do I have enough to retire?
- Should I pay off my mortgage early?
- How much notice should I give before retiring?
- Where should I move after retirement?
- When should I take SS?
- TurboTax or H&RB?
- Vanguard, Fidelity or Schwab?
- Individual bonds or bond funds?
- Medicare advantage or supplement plan?

So, how much should I convert of my t-IRA to Roth has been settled?

I'm content 95% of the time.

And I like pie.

I’m happy most of the time, and I can’t remember the last time I was seriously otherwise. I am always grateful and content. My answer wasn’t an option - but I like Buttermilk Sky pie so that works!

Maybe I should try making a bacon pie. Hmmm.

Not sure I can claim to be the happiest one here as that's difficult to measure and is all relative anyway, but I am sure that I wouldn't change a thing about how we're living now. Well, maybe win the lottery so I can have my own Jet Ranger helicopter, but other than that we're good.

I have plenty of health issues and occasionally struggle with the challenges of life. Having said that, I'm generally very happy. I have "enough" so don't worry about money. BUT, no way am I as happy as W2R. She is my example of happiness. YMMV

Reactions: W2R
I'll be happier when my pool resurfacing project is completed.

W2R is probably happy because she has the perfect relationship. Her BF lives next door to her! :)
I think that's W2R-but I'm too happy to confirm.

I like bacon but I do not eat pork so if it gets added to vote I want an option that fits my specific situation. Otherwise it's an invalid pole. (yes-poll was misspelled on purpose!)

W2R is probably happy because she has the perfect relationship. Her BF lives next door to her! :)
I think that's W2R-but I'm too happy to confirm.

You remembered! Yes, that's me. My BF and best friend for the past 20+ years lives next door to me.

And yes, that's a great reason to be happy. :smitten: We each have our own place, and our own space, but we're nearby to each other, too.

You remembered! Yes, that's me. My BF and best friend for the past 20+ years lives next door to me.

And yes, that's a great reason to be happy. :smitten: We each have our own place, and our own space, but we're nearby to each other, too.

Exactly! It’s the best of both worlds.

I don't get super happy or super sad. At the end of most days, I'm content with my life.

Yes, this is me also. I tend to live within a fairly narrow emotional range these days. I was deliriously happy the majority of the time I was working. Now, I'm content. I do miss my 20's, when I was doing many things for the first time, so much was exciting and, of course, I was going to live forever. It would be great to have that level of exhilaration again, but I don't think it's possible.

Content. I'll take content.

I'm happy to be FIRE'd. I don't need to be the happiest one.

I was born into a happy family and am mostly happy. I love the people on this forum!!

Back
Top Bottom