Assisted living ideas

• I would try to sign them up for 'meals on wheels' if it's available in their area.
  • There are Medicare-subsidized 'med rides' available in many places to take folks without the ability to drive to doctor's appointments.
  • In-home health care visits can be purchased less expensively than long term care or assisted living, depending on the duration needed.
  • Several companies make monitoring devices that you can use to monitor the health and mobility of your parents, and that they can use to summon help, should they fall.
Number 4 has been a thought of mine for a few years in anticipation of the day I or my wife might need someone to keep track of us at home. Right now I have one camera set up to watch our animals when we are not home or to look in on the house in case we need to bug out for a hurricane.
For safety reasons we also use a phone app when either of us is traveling in a car away from the other. I find it comforting knowing that my wife can locate me in case of emergency.

I am seriously considering placing some cameras for surveillance both inside and outside the house that either of us can access by phone. And in the future have it linked to my stepdaughters phone if we get to that point in our lives.

At one time when my parents had to live in assisted living I wanted to have a camera placed in their rooms to make sure they were being taken care of properly but it is not allowed. So I had to make unannounced visits at various times of the day to observe the caretakers. Experience with both my parents and my wife's parents has taught us to be vigilant even when dealing with the nicer facilities.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom