At This Rate

How's this for bad luck. My wifes company moved their 401K from John Hancock to Vanguard on 12/31. Why is this bad luck? Because all of her assets in the old 401K were sold at the end of business on 12/31 and weren't reinvested in Vanguard until after close today! We were totally out of the market today due to no fault of our own. UGH! Figured it cost us at least $10K. Oh well. As long as the market continues these gains the rest of the year.......

I'm guessing that given the expense difference between Vanguard and John Hancock that despite the unfortunate timing of the transition that you will come out ahead in the long run.

Why didn't they buy into Vanguard on 12/31 on the same day the Hancock assets were sold? Or move the Hancock assets to Vanguard?

In 2008, I often reported my days to bankruptcy, I didn't need too many -100K+ days to hit it. :mad:

But after today I am happy to report that if my portfolio continues to perform as well as today I will join the Billionaire ranks shortly before my birthday in Aug.:dance:
I am going to see that as a "whee!" post.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom