Bacon Flowchart

True story*

BASF started out as the Bacon Assembly Special Forces... "We don't make your bacon, we make the things that make your bacon better"

*that I just made up

Limerick's are tough for me... this one is off a bit, but it's a start.

There once was a bunny out west
And fake bacon he did detest
His wife served him tofu
He barfed in his shoe
Now the man of the house cooks the rest

now about cute fuzzy bunny
with recipes on the money
He's a quite fit one
you'd think he'd weigh a ton
but bacon makes wife want 'honey'

Awesome bacon inspired poetry--I sense a brazillion dollar book deal since this stuff is dynamite, Marquette. And will you dedicate it to your friends on the ER forum that started it all?

Hey, what's the board stance on sausage?

It's like bacon, but ground up...nursing home bacon

Oh shoot I didnt even get the pun.

Dangnabit.

Here's your link...the trick is to mince it up finely and mix it with flour and grease, which is the chemical transference process that makes it into a vegetable.

sausagebisci.jpg

I'm a little bit concerned. I just got back from the big box warehouse store where I bought a package of Aidells Pineapple and Bacon sausage.

Aidells doesnt even list the product on their web site, and google only brings up some nutritional site that lists the nutritional value of the product. No other obvious references.

Maybe some sort of space-time continuum thing caused this to happen?

Further, just yesterday I became aware of a food product called a "scotch egg" at an english pub type place that other than the scotch egg had incredibly bad food.

The scotch egg is a hard boiled egg that has been rolled in cooked ground sausage. It is then breaded and then deep fried.

Bon appetit!
Scotch+Egg.jpg

I am primarily concerned about the Aidells mixup because the store also sold a 5 lb bag of frozen "jambalaya seafood mix" which consisted primarily of octopus and squid, with some fake Krab and other sundry seafood items. I'm not sure I've seen a jambalaya made with octopus and squid. I've definitely never seen one made with Krab.

I love Scotch eggs! I've made them plenty of times, but it is really difficult to keep the sausage on the egg. They are great for soaking up lots of beer when we have parties. We do not bring anything into our house called "Krab".

I'm awful proud of you with regards to that Krab thing. Although once a year or so when I'm on a diet I might buy a couple of pound of it and snack on it with melted butter ;)

The Aidells pineapple/bacon sausage is okay, but frankly I prefer the Evergood pineapple sausage (also in a peculiar manner, not many google hits).

These have been the frickin bomb in the smoker over the last 3-4 outings. I've dropped 10-12 of them on the top shelf for 3-5 hours and everyone has been mighty impressed. Nice and sweet, good caramelization, and really great flavor.

Maybe its the slow cookin' (I fired the Aidells up on the grill on low) but after tinkering with many sausages (shaddup), for a nice sweet one I'd go with the evergood pineapples over any similar chicken/apple varieties or other fruit related sausages (make your own joke). Highly recommended. And inexpensive especially when bought at costco.

Dinner tonight is a pair of salsas prepared from our farm share...red onions, a mix of 8 different chili peppers, 5 different kinds of tomatoes, some non-farm limes that were ridiculously juicy, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, some fresh cilantro and a couple of other goodies that I'd reveal but then I'd have to kill all y'all. One includes all the hot stuff and one doesnt. We have a situation where the 3 year old eats the hot salsa and declares "This is too spicy for me!" and then eats more of it. So he gets a low-heat versions.

Followed by the pineapple sausages, some ravioli with spinach and ricotta treated with a nice herb butter with sage and garlic, and fresh raspberries for dessert.

Invented at the concession stand of the St Louis Gateway Grizzlies in 2006!

Its slightly approached by the Carls Jr. "Breakfast Burger", which is a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on top and a layer of hash browns on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom