Bacon Flowchart

Grilled BT's

Grilled Turds

Started off and cleaned Jalapenos. I butterflied them and cleaned out the seeds.

Stuffed them with a cream cheese and shredded cheddar mixture. Then wrapped them with bacon. Also, used a rub of cumin,smoked paprika, garlic, and onion powder. I probably had my grill too high. Next time Ill do them on medium rather than full blast. This isn't the exact CFB version but they came out very tasty. Had leftovers surprisingly they were very rich and filling ;)

Our camera is horrible..bleh

Oh fine. How about dark chocolate bacon ice cream?

And yes, we have an ice cream maker. Cuisinart. Wasnt that expensive and always tops the test ratings. Highly recommended.

Gabe makes ice cream at least once a week. I may try this one for the next go-round.

DARK CHOCOLATE BACON CRUNCH SORBET

For the sorbet
3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. sugar
2 1/4 cups water
3 tbsp. corn syrup
6 oz. dark chocolate (we used two Valhrona chocolate bars, one 55% and the other 66%)
1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder

For the bacon
app. 8 slices of bacon (more or less depending on the meatiness of your bacon)
1/2 cup white sugar

Chop the chocolate into small pieces and combine it with the cocoa, which you have sifted into a medium stainless steel bowl.

On the stovetop, combine 2 1/4 cups water, sugar and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove it from the heat.

Whisk 1/3 of the sugar syrup into the waiting bowl of chocolate. The chocolate will make you nervous at first, as it seizes a little. Add another 1/3 of the syrup, whisking all the time. By the time you add your last 1/3 of sugar syrup, the mixture should be smooth and silky. Continue whisking this mixture for about five minutes, until you think it’s smooth and silky. If you notice any chunks of cocoa in your sorbet base, you can pass it through a fine-mesh strainer. Cool the mixture over an ice bath (fill a bowl larger than the one your base is in with ice cubes and water. Place your bowl inside the icy bowl, and continue to whisk it until it is cool). Place your base in the refrigerator to cool completely and thicken. Zuckerman recommends at least four hours.

While your sorbet base is cooling, prepare your bacon. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Next, coat your bacon slices with sugar. I did this by pouring a small amount of sugar onto a plate and then pressing the bacon into it. Next time, I might try just sprinkling it over the bacon, like this method. Place the bacon on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake it for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, remove it from the oven, and turn it over, baking it for another 8 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, because it burns fast. When the bacon is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool before dicing it into small pieces. You should have about 1/2 cup of bacon bits to add to your sorbet. If you have any extra, reserve it for garnish.

After the sorbet base has cooled for a few hours, freeze it in your ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. It is done when it has gained volume and it holds the marks of the stirring mechanism, like stiffly-whipped cream. Now you have to work quickly. Remove the sorbet from your machine to a storage container, quickly stirring in your bacon bits in batches as you fill the container. Store your sorbet in the freezer for a couple hours to harden it. Or, if you’re like us, just ignore the last instructions and eat super-soft sorbet.

Attachments

• bacon ice cream.JPG
    bacon ice cream.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 3
Oh fine. How about dark chocolate bacon ice cream?

And yes, we have an ice cream maker. Cuisinart. Wasnt that expensive and always tops the test ratings. Highly recommended.

Gabe makes ice cream at least once a week. I may try this one for the next go-round.

DARK CHOCOLATE BACON CRUNCH SORBET

For the sorbet
3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. sugar
2 1/4 cups water
3 tbsp. corn syrup
6 oz. dark chocolate (we used two Valhrona chocolate bars, one 55% and the other 66%)
1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder

For the bacon
app. 8 slices of bacon (more or less depending on the meatiness of your bacon)
1/2 cup white sugar

Chop the chocolate into small pieces and combine it with the cocoa, which you have sifted into a medium stainless steel bowl.

On the stovetop, combine 2 1/4 cups water, sugar and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove it from the heat.

Whisk 1/3 of the sugar syrup into the waiting bowl of chocolate. The chocolate will make you nervous at first, as it seizes a little. Add another 1/3 of the syrup, whisking all the time. By the time you add your last 1/3 of sugar syrup, the mixture should be smooth and silky. Continue whisking this mixture for about five minutes, until you think it’s smooth and silky. If you notice any chunks of cocoa in your sorbet base, you can pass it through a fine-mesh strainer. Cool the mixture over an ice bath (fill a bowl larger than the one your base is in with ice cubes and water. Place your bowl inside the icy bowl, and continue to whisk it until it is cool). Place your base in the refrigerator to cool completely and thicken. Zuckerman recommends at least four hours.

While your sorbet base is cooling, prepare your bacon. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Next, coat your bacon slices with sugar. I did this by pouring a small amount of sugar onto a plate and then pressing the bacon into it. Next time, I might try just sprinkling it over the bacon, like this method. Place the bacon on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake it for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, remove it from the oven, and turn it over, baking it for another 8 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, because it burns fast. When the bacon is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool before dicing it into small pieces. You should have about 1/2 cup of bacon bits to add to your sorbet. If you have any extra, reserve it for garnish.

After the sorbet base has cooled for a few hours, freeze it in your ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. It is done when it has gained volume and it holds the marks of the stirring mechanism, like stiffly-whipped cream. Now you have to work quickly. Remove the sorbet from your machine to a storage container, quickly stirring in your bacon bits in batches as you fill the container. Store your sorbet in the freezer for a couple hours to harden it. Or, if you’re like us, just ignore the last instructions and eat super-soft sorbet.

Originally Posted by Dawg52
Looks like something my dog did when she was sick. :eek:

:)

What he said.

Hey, I'd eat it. I think I may try reproducing this by mixing some Kirkland bacon bits with a container of Godiva dark chocolate ice cream.

Or heck, go all out and mix the bacon bits with some New York Super Fudge Chunk.

Why that doesnt come with bacon in it already is a mystery to me. I'll have to call the Ben and Jerry's folks...

Why that doesnt come with bacon in it already is a mystery to me. I'll have to call the Ben and Jerry's folks...

I wish you would stop trying to hijack this important bacon thread with liberal politics. I am gonna complain....really, I am.

Can I get a moderator over here to put me back in line, please?

I wonder who's going to draw the short straw... ;)

Thats the third time I've gotten that today!

By the way, a mixture of Godiva dark chocolate ice cream and crumbled bacon is the food of the gods. Quite competitive with jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese, bbq rub, green onions and smoked sausage, wrapped in bacon and then smoked.

In fact, it was so good my heart jumped out of my chest and screamed "I'm giving you a free pass on this one!!!"

I guess my tongue and stomach are very persuasive.

There's a GE Advantium in the kitchen. When you hit the cook button, the first option is Bacon.

none of you will have to worry about ER with these diets...

YES, YOU RANG?
Bacon moderator alert!
And yes, I will support any and all bacon related postings, much to the chagrin of our more serious minded posters...and with the markets sort of in the toilet, endless politicking on the tv, and a million hurricanes in the Atlantic--what better distraction than good old BACON!

Attachments

• Baconmeatcandy.jpg
    Baconmeatcandy.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 86
Thick cut extra lean
Letttuce and tomato 'tween
Nirvana on toast

Back
Top Bottom